CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

auto leveling headlight passenger side not moving

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
auto leveling headlight passenger side not moving

When I start my car the two headlamp usually goes down then up to level itself. After putting the car in storage for 2 months now the passenger side is stuck at the lowest and doesn't move up. I tried to turn the headlight adjustment *** and it doesn't move anymore. the driver side seem to be fine and still does the self leveling when I start the car.

Any idea what the problems are? how do I fix it cheaply? (dealer would charge hundreds?)

edit: oh yeah also I had a dead battery today and had to get jump started. Maybe that had something to do with it?

Last edited by seealkay; 12-04-2016 at 09:36 PM.
Old 12-05-2016, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts
2008 CLK550 Cab
These cars can do all sorts of funky electrical things if the battery is not healthy. You should get it load tested. Jumping these cars can be a risky proposition which I would never do unless absolutely necessary - I'd remove or disconnect the battery and charge it. But if jumping it fried anything you'd have bigger issues than just one headlight. So if you are sure the battery is fully charged and good, then your problem could be many things. I'm not sure if there is a fuse that runs that or not, but you could have a bad/loose connection, a mouse chewed a wired while in storage, or the mechanism that moves the headlight had gone bad. Somebody will chime in with whether there is a fuse to check.
Old 12-05-2016, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so looks like my car fixed itself. Might just be finicky electronics.