CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

OE Tuning - Quick Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 188 Posts
CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
OE Tuning - Quick Review

So, I took advantage of the "special pricing" they had going recently and got a tune for my CLK55. Here's how it went.

I called to order. The person I spoke to was very helpful and very quick to set up the order. It was ordered and paid for in less than 5 minutes. Later that day I got a shipment notification.

The handheld unit got there 2 days later. It had step by step instructions. In about 10 minutes I had completed all of them and emailed OE Tuning the necessary files so they can make the tune.

30 minutes later I received a tuned file back. Another 10 minutes later the tune was uploaded to the car. The process was painless and very simple.

How does it feel? Without dyno numbers to back it up here are my observations:

- Throttle responds much quicker.
- I can now start a semi burnout before traction control shuts me down, which was not possible before.
- Car feels like it has more punch. I drive several different cars and I definitely notice a change in power/response after the tune.
- I haven't driven the car enough to comment on gas mileage but I will update once I have some numbers.

Was it worth the money? Definitely. It was a very simple, quick and painless process.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
None for now
Awesome! I got great throttle response and more "get up and go" from my Eurocharged tune. OE is great, too; I want a handheld tuner haha
Old 01-18-2017, 06:03 PM
SPONSOR

Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
Originally Posted by megacrazy
So, I took advantage of the "special pricing" they had going recently and got a tune for my CLK55. Here's how it went.

I called to order. The person I spoke to was very helpful and very quick to set up the order. It was ordered and paid for in less than 5 minutes. Later that day I got a shipment notification.

The handheld unit got there 2 days later. It had step by step instructions. In about 10 minutes I had completed all of them and emailed OE Tuning the necessary files so they can make the tune.

30 minutes later I received a tuned file back. Another 10 minutes later the tune was uploaded to the car. The process was painless and very simple.

How does it feel? Without dyno numbers to back it up here are my observations:

- Throttle responds much quicker.
- I can now start a semi burnout before traction control shuts me down, which was not possible before.
- Car feels like it has more punch. I drive several different cars and I definitely notice a change in power/response after the tune.
- I haven't driven the car enough to comment on gas mileage but I will update once I have some numbers.

Was it worth the money? Definitely. It was a very simple, quick and painless process.
Thanks for the great review! Glad to hear the CLK55 is running strong and you are enjoying the tune and MyGenius.

Last edited by SALES@OETUNING; 01-18-2017 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 BMW 328i
Angry STAY AWAY FROM OE TUNING

The nightmare begins from the day I went to this place, the guy seems like he knows nothing about the tuning process, I waited in from 11am to 3pm and found out that he has been doing it remotely... After the day my tune got installed my car started to showing up that there is a drivetrain malfunction and it turned out to be a broken cylinder 3, apparently before the tune was in, the car was completely fine especially that I just got maintaince 2 months ago, but somehow after the tune is in, it got broken, my assumption is that the car couldn’t take that much of a burden due to the unreliable tune which is out of the safety limit hence the cylinder 3 broke, I went to their place the next day at 9am, they checked my car and I asked for a refund but the owner turned me down claiming that the problem is that my cylinder 3 was already broken and after the tune was in the problem became noticeable??? Well... I was going to get it diagnosed but it cannot point out if the problem is caused by the tune so I asked them to put it back in stock, but the one who did my tune remotely is oversea in Australia and won’t be awake after a while, and he also said he will give me a call after he is awake, so I drove back and waited for 7 hours and been waiting for his call, no one called me lol, I was texting him but no reply, so I called back several times and he hung up on me the first time and just avoiding my calls, so I used another phone number to call him, he picked up... I asked him why he kept avoiding me and he was pretending that he couldn’t hear me and said that he NEVER said he was going to call me.... he wanted me to drop in the car the next day at 1pm but Isn’t that weird that the guy in Australia could done my tuning at 11am but is sleeping now from 9am to 4pm...umm... so during the business hour here the one who can actually do the work is sleeping... interesting went there the third time and waited for another freaking 4 hours in the small room without AC or fan, it was hot and the guy left my car in the parking lot with the back open, front door open and didn’t even keep an eye on it, the result is predictable, my car shows an error AGAIN, chassis stabilization, lol at this point I don’t know what to say, the most annoying part is the guy’s attitude, he was ignorant and irresponsible, he left and claimed that it’s not their problem something wrong with the ignition coil, lmfao I replaced it before he flash the computer, whose problem this is?? this place is sh*tty, don’t even go there, disrespectful employee with “ghost” operator in the poorest environment, the worst service ever. I will keep you guys updated.
Old 08-10-2018, 01:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 59 Likes on 57 Posts
2008 clk550 - Navigator - Frontier
OE has been around awhile and I thought they were pretty good.... It will be difficult to know if there was a problem beforehand; but I would think OE would do some kind of testing before doing the tune.. If they did, then you could reference that; if they did not, then that is just crappy business.

Regardless, it is amazing to me how businesses can't recognize the stupidity of crappy service. S*&t happens...… How a company/business responds to this inevitability separates the better ones from the rest. Good luck with your car. Is it the BMW?
Old 08-10-2018, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drives an 08 CLK 550 cab, 2013 E350 sport 4matic, 08 Malibu V6
OE Tuning

So I picked up the OE Tune/ MyGenius combo today for my 08 CLK550 but not yet installed. Looking forward to uploading it. Hoping to get good results on my end. Now also waiting for Bilstein B12 ProKit to show up somewhere........it's backordered everywhere!!!

Not sure Mattlo is legit (joined in August) but feel for him if he is.

Old 08-13-2018, 09:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 Ford Mustang AND 2008 CLK550 convertible
Tunes are usually pretty safe if done right. The problem is one, these cars are old now, and two, they are Mercedes. Simply adjusting the air pressure in tires can break something else, LOL! I would love a tune on my CLK550 to make that Comfort mode a bit more sporting, and sport mode more like a real sport mode. On my 2016 Mustang V6, there is a HUGE difference in the normal and Sports modes, and I plan a tune from MPT for it soon as there have been very little reported problems. My lowly V6 is the most reliable engine of the three. So I thought you had to send the ECU off for a tune. They make programmers now?
Old 08-13-2018, 11:33 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
You might want to look into the Sprint Booster. It isn't a tune per se, but it remaps the throttle in response to pedal input and can make a difference. Also, they did change the 722.9 transmission in later years and add a 'sport" version that has a much more aggressive sport mode. My SL550 has that and it is a much different experience than the sport mode in my former CLK550 (same engine/transmission - just different TCU).
The following users liked this post:
xsever (08-14-2018)
Old 08-14-2018, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 188 Posts
CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
A tune might put more stress on your engine which will bring out all issues you were having before and, perhaps not noticing. I've had 0 issues with my tune so far and no mechanical problems. I think a lot of tuning places have mixed reviews because of people either expecting too much or bringing in cars with pre existing issues. If I were in the business I'd refuse to work on possibly problematic cars...but money is money.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:58 AM

Yes a pedal booster might be better. Now my SRS light is on, I don't want to make the car worse. Sport mode is better on my car but I don't want it holding gears in normal driving. It's just that the throttle curve is WAY too soft in comfort mode. I really don't need any more power in this car, I just need it not to break. Lots of little things popping up. Seems mechanically reliable tho.
Old 08-19-2018, 12:50 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
If you don't have one, spend the money to get a good scanner that can read MBZ-specific codes, such as the iCarsoft i980 or MBII, or the Autel MD802 Maxdiag Elite. The most common source of SRS errors on a CLk convertible is the airbag squib wiring in the seat. It gets stretched when you fold the seat forward. Often, all you nee to do is remove the seat back and manipulate the wire for some additional slack. But you will have to reset the code afterwards. Like I said, a good scan tool is needed.
The following users liked this post:
Yalin (02-08-2019)
Old 08-19-2018, 03:57 PM

Thanks for the info. I have the MBii but have not used it yet. It's time. Car is sitting letting the botched tint job dry and I don't want to open the doors yet to mess with it. I swear half the people out there should not be touching cars. Wheels are gouged from the shop that was recommended by the German mechanic to mount tires and I have a slow leak, they probably messed up one of the new tires. Oil cap is leaking, they didn't mount it right and it spewed everywhere. And I don't think it's holding now so I am just going to order a new OE oil cap.