CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Update on MPG After Start and Range Calculator

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk500
Unhappy Update on MPG After Start and Range Calculator

Have not had time to get the car into the shop yet, busy with work and also want to drive it enough to see if it sorts itself out. My clk500 sat for a month, started it a few times let idle for 10 minutes. When I went to fill tank from empty the gas gauge took a few minutes to register the fill up.My MPG and Range indicators are acting crazy right now. Basically it says I am averaging 7-8mpg. This all happened after driving the car for around 20 miles and filling my gas tank up ( immediately after I filled tank up it started doing this) According to my calculations I am averaging 17.5 MPG which is what it has gotten since I owned the vehicle. Input from MBWORLD was possible low voltage, battery checks out. So my INDY mechanic thinks its the fuel sending unit, which was my initial instinct. That being said, I would like to know if this sounds feasible? My guess is the fuel sending unit sends the fuel output to a calculator and goes from there. And if this does sounds feasible should I drive it for a couple hundred miles? Maybe throw some STP fuel cleaner or mercedes fuel cleaner in the tank and run it for a tank? He told me 500-1000$ job, if its not going to leave me stranded then I am not too worried about my MPG Calculator and Range Estimate. Especially not for around a grand Just goes to show that I should have been driving it a lot more Never let a car sit