CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

2004 CLK Cabrio Roof Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 04:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 2004 CLK Cabrio Roof Problem

My friend has just had a bump in his 04 CLK 230 Cabrio now his car needed a new front bumper which he had replaced and all was repaired or so he thought.

Now he brought the car to me last night as he cant open the roof, the problem being his active roll over protection has activated during the accident and the 2 protective units behind the headrests are in the up position,now no airbags where deployed and none of the wheels left the ground but they still deployed which is why the roof wont operate.

Can the headrests be reset which should allow the roof to then open and is it something i can do, or is it a pants down trip to the dealers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Zippy
Old 01-10-2005, 01:16 PM

2004 CLK 320 Cabriolet
I had the same problem. My rear protective units deployed when I hit a set of train tracks to hard. I had to take to the dealer so that they could reset the headrests and clear the computer. The service manager guessed right away what had happen. He says if you catch air just long enough they deploy.

Took them about an hour to get it done. I haven't had any problems since then but I do take it easy go over train tracks now.

Hope this helps.

sjclk
Old 01-10-2005, 05:15 PM

2003 CLK430 Cabriolet
happened to me as well.
not sure if it's different for the 2004's, but all i did was press & hold the roll bar rocker switch on the instrument panel all the way down (maybe up? i can't recall) until it clicked (loudly).
that signalled it was re-set.
then i just lowered them back down via the same switch.
entire process was listed in owners manual.