Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) Discuss the past, present and future CLK55 AMG and the CLK63 AMG.

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-21-2007, 01:51 PM   #1

Drives: 2005 CLK55 AMG CABRIOLET
How to change oil in a CLK55 ???

I previously used the Topsider method (Suck oil out through dipstick tube) in my 2001 SLK320. That method worked fine (Instead of paying dealer $125). I just purchased a CLK55 AMG Cabriolet, how can you do this if there is no oil dipstick to suck the oil out from?
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

fourml8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 07:11 PM   #2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: 1998 c43 to w202 C55 coversion, 95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD,99M3,94 332i
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourml8r View Post
I previously used the Topsider method (Suck oil out through dipstick tube) in my 2001 SLK320. That method worked fine (Instead of paying dealer $125). I just purchased a CLK55 AMG Cabriolet, how can you do this if there is no oil dipstick to suck the oil out from?
What does your having or not having a dipstick have to do with it? If no dipstick then the common sense method takes place. Forget your suction method and take it to a local place like Jiffy Lube,drain the oil,chg the filter,and then add 8 qts of Synthetic oil. I don't know what more you'd want us all to tell ya.

I sometimes chg it myself but I know the car takes 8 qts of oil after fully draining the motor. The filter is easy to chg as well. Do it this way and you'll only be paying for the cost of oil and filter.

Last edited by ProjectC55; 12-21-2007 at 07:14 PM.
ProjectC55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 07:59 PM   #3
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: 209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourml8r View Post

The Dipstick Tube IS there ... NO Dipstick...Just the cap
Old 12-22-2007, 10:01 PM   #4
spr
MBWorld Fanatic!

look at the capacity also note 2 drain plugs and use the computer for how much more to add if any should be fine.

For a current list of SPR's after market parts for sale go here:

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/partin...arts-sale.html

Thanks,

Sean
spr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 10:01 PM

Tags
2001, 2002, 2005, 55, amg, capacity, change, clk, clk55, dipstick, drain, mercedes, oil, qts, type