CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

2004 CLK55 AMG won't start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 CLK55 AMG
2004 CLK55 AMG won't start

So my son bought this 2004 CLK 55 AMG and it has now been towed home. It won't start. So we took the battery to have it checked and they said we need a new one. Put it in and all lights are now working but when you turn it on you hear this humming like noise it is not clicking like it wants to start so that leads me to believe that it is not the starter??? Has anyone had this problem or give me ideas to check. We had it towed to some local guy who claims he works and knows this car but all he did was take it apart and scratch his head.He did not know and wanted to replace everything and not guarantee anything? Some code came on dash at first 2 weeks ago and we were told it was the restraint system? someone said something about a san chip? (can't find anything on that)
You guys know your cars so I am picking your brains HELP!!!! We need to have some direction. I am not taking this car to the dealership and get screwed with out some idea of what is going on.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Ideally you will hook a MB DAS STAR scanner to it to download codes. If you don't have one or Know anyone with this ... or if your indie mech does not have this (I would changes indies if he doesn't)...... then 2nd best option is a cheapo autoparts OBDII scanner...... you need to get the codes of what is going on.

If car cranks but won't fire that is different than no cranking.....

Start with codes and go from there......

GL.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts
2002 CLK 55 AMG cabriolet Eurocharged
With a new battery the engine should turn over freely.
Humming, struggling to turn over or whining might be the starter. Check that all battery connections are clean, starter cable connection, ground strap from engine.
congrads on the new purchase.

Gator
Old 04-17-2015, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk55 amg 2004
PLEASE HELP

I drive a 2004 amg benz and have been driving it for weeks no problems, was running perfect yessterday. thought it was the battery and it wasnt, it turns over but will not fire and start. I have heard fuel pump and crank shaft position sensor? I have ordered a crankshaft position sensor, what else should I look into doing?