CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

CF bits for CLK63 coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 188 Posts
CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
Originally Posted by Rashman
Indeed!

Just glad I managed to hook up with you to learn about this splitter.
As you say, we have little options, so I kinda have to get it and see how it goes.

It's either that or concede that I will forever be without a splitter!

I'm hoping to have it with the next week.
Then the nervous task of offering it up to the bumper to check fitment.

If all is well, I'll get it on asap.

I've decided to bond it on.
I really don't want the thing coming loose over time.

Yeah I was pretty pissed there were no options either. If this wasn't available I would've had one made...Plenty of shops around here that work with fiberglass. This one looks pretty good though, surprisingly...I thought it was going to look stupid but it completely transforms the front of the car and it gets lots of looks from people.

You need to have faith in the tape haha. That's how Mercedes attaches the spoilers to the cars...and if done properly...that **** ain't coming off. Bonding is better clearly...but seeing how I've already repaired mine 3 times I'll stick to tape. I'll probably order another one myself as a spare...in case they stop making it.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by megacrazy
Yeah I was pretty pissed there were no options either. If this wasn't available I would've had one made...Plenty of shops around here that work with fiberglass. This one looks pretty good though, surprisingly...I thought it was going to look stupid but it completely transforms the front of the car and it gets lots of looks from people.

You need to have faith in the tape haha. That's how Mercedes attaches the spoilers to the cars...and if done properly...that **** ain't coming off. Bonding is better clearly...but seeing how I've already repaired mine 3 times I'll stick to tape. I'll probably order another one myself as a spare...in case they stop making it.

I'll check out the tape and see see what I think of it.
If they supply enough of it, I might use it.
Another concern I have with the tape is that it may make the splitter sit very slightly up off the bumper abit.
Isn't the tape about a mm thick or more perhaps?
Anyway, I'll take a look at it and see how I feel.

I'll keep you posted.

Just hope it doesn't take ages to get here.. I hate waiting for stuff!
Old 07-23-2014, 10:37 AM

Hey guys,

Sorry for the late update!

I received my splitter a few weeks back but I've been waiting for my bodyshop guy to have time to help me fit the splitter.

It's been killing me waiting as I've had the splitter in the garage next to the car and just wanted to get it fitted!

Finally fitted it yesterday.

Decided to bond the splitter on and reinforce it with additional screws (about 8 of them) along the underside.

Screws were probably overkill as the bonding agent I used is hardcore stuff and sets in around 10 minutes.

I won't bore you with a blow-by-blow account of the installation but I'm very happy with the results.

There were a couple of fitment issues, well, more alignment issues really, but we worked through those.

I've only got a few snaps that I took in the workshop after we'd fitted it but I'll take some better shots as soon as I can.

Really happy with the new look of the front end.
It's nice to have some carbon at both ends of the car now, as well as in the engine bay.

Special thanks goes to MegaCrazy for his assistance in sourcing this splitter.
Really was ready to concede that I'd never find a splitter for my 63!

Attached Thumbnails CF bits for CLK63 coupe-s1.jpg   CF bits for CLK63 coupe-s2.jpg   CF bits for CLK63 coupe-s3.jpg   CF bits for CLK63 coupe-s4.jpg  
Old 07-23-2014, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 188 Posts
CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
Looking great. The wait was worth it. It completely changes the front of the car
Old 07-24-2014, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by megacrazy
Looking great. The wait was worth it. It completely changes the front of the car

Yeah, agreed.
It was worth the wait.
Really happy with the new look of the front.

Old 07-24-2014, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
07 E63 + 07 CLK63CAB
In the UK does the CLK63 come with the AMG logo on the front grill.
Many Cabriolets as in CLK63CAB in your neck of the woods?
Thanks in Advance
Old 07-24-2014, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Critter
In the UK does the CLK63 come with the AMG logo on the front grill.
Many Cabriolets as in CLK63CAB in your neck of the woods?
Thanks in Advance
Hi mate,
Actually, I put the AMG badge on the grille myself.
It's not to everyone's liking but I think it looks rather good.
I get ribbed by a few of my AMG buddies but I don't give a rat's ***! lol

I spent a while considering where it was best placed on the grille and feel that I chose the best place for it.

There are a few CLK63 cabs knocking around but to be honest there are not many of the cabs or coupes over here.

Old 07-24-2014, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
07 E63 + 07 CLK63CAB
Apologize did not mean to break your b**ls, it is your car and can be outfitted however you wish. There has been talk of the number of CLK63CAB in 07 they built 142 and 08 100 units, what does your UK Mercedes Benz sites state, is the total production or were these numbers just for the US market or North American market.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

As far as the lip, when I put mine on also fastened with screws from below then using masking tape I ran the tape close to the seam between the lip and then also on the bumper so I had about an 1/8 - 3/16 inch space between the two pieces of tape, the ran a bead of black gasket making silicone into the gap then with wet finger dragged off the excess leaving a filled smooth non-gap so to speak. Then removed the tape and let dry for 24 hours, the lip is not coming off and will not allow rain or dirt into the uncovered gap. On the bottom side this also can be sealed with the silicone, it leaves in my mind a more finished and secure bond. Been on over a year and is as solid as day 2, is not affected by highway speeds or other for that matter.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Critter
Apologize did not mean to break your b**ls, it is your car and can be outfitted however you wish. There has been talk of the number of CLK63CAB in 07 they built 142 and 08 100 units, what does your UK Mercedes Benz sites state, is the total production or were these numbers just for the US market or North American market.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

As far as the lip, when I put mine on also fastened with screws from below then using masking tape I ran the tape close to the seam between the lip and then also on the bumper so I had about an 1/8 - 3/16 inch space between the two pieces of tape, the ran a bead of black gasket making silicone into the gap then with wet finger dragged off the excess leaving a filled smooth non-gap so to speak. Then removed the tape and let dry for 24 hours, the lip is not coming off and will not allow rain or dirt into the uncovered gap. On the bottom side this also can be sealed with the silicone, it leaves in my mind a more finished and secure bond. Been on over a year and is as solid as day 2, is not affected by highway speeds or other for that matter.
Hey bud,
lol... don't worry, I wasn't getting defensive!
I can take a ribbing.
It'll take more than a bit of ribbing from my buds to stop me personalising my car

As for production numbers, man, I too have always wanted to get definitive production numbers for my car.
It's talked about on a few forums, even the AMG private lounge.
But AMG are very cagey about releasing production numbers.
They simply won't comment.
So I am still at a loss to how many CLK63's were made.

Sound like we both used the same method to fit the splitter.
I'm confident that it won't be budging for nothing! lol

Really pleased with the new look to the front of the car.
Looks awesome and helps stand my car out from other CLK's.
The 63's were always alittle understated in my opinion so I've always felt that alittle CF here and there works well for it.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:40 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
05 CLK55 ///AMG
Man, you are lucky to have a CLK63 coupe. I wish they came to the states. Thanks for posting.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by DiceCedes
Man, you are lucky to have a CLK63 coupe. I wish they came to the states. Thanks for posting.

Hi mate,

I hear you.
I do count myself lucky to firstly, be able to have a coupe and secondly, to actually have been able to get hold of one when I did.
I bought it from Mercedes themselves about 5 years ago.
It was the only one they had through the UK MB network and it only had a little over 5000 miles on it.
It was really fresh.
I've maintained it like I do ever since, so it's still super fresh. Probably more than so that it was when I got it

Thanks for tuning in to the thread

By the way, I was looking at pictures of yours the other day.
Looks great.
Love the wheels and stance of the car.
Great to see a spotless black CLK.. looks awesome when it's clean
Old 07-27-2014, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 C230K SS (sold), 06 C55 (sold), 08 Yamaha R1 (sold), 16 X5M
Almost pulled the trigger until I saw that shipping is neArly 50% of the product price! That coupled with over a month of ship time. I mean I've ordered from Taiwan before but $120 and a month. Dang it.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by maverik259
Almost pulled the trigger until I saw that shipping is neArly 50% of the product price! That coupled with over a month of ship time. I mean I've ordered from Taiwan before but $120 and a month. Dang it.
Damn, a month?!
Might be because they might not have any in stock and need to get some made perhaps?

I'll be buying another one at some point and I'm sure they indicated that they didn't have any in stock.

That might be it.