CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

hello agian i did the heater core myself she started first try

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 clk 55 amg

Last edited by Ti8kitti; 08-27-2014 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts
2002 CLK 55 AMG cabriolet Eurocharged
If you can put a heater core than the rest is easy.

The recirc pump circuit or mono valve might have missed plugging in a connector.

The vac tubes, can repair with the support of local auto parts chain stores.
Shrink wrap is for insulating wires.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:57 PM

2001 clk 55 amg
thx you!!!
My concern is the broken connectors on the vac line...
1) can i straight hose the vac line temporary to drive across town to mb?
2) with no freon at all in my ac how far can i drive without causing un needed wear on my engine? (the compressor goes into safety mode with 0 freon)
3) if i do a pressure test on my cooling system and it shows its holding pressure can the cooling system still not be circulating?
4) i have a heat gun most hoses are around 189 *f 80-90 *c on one side of the engine yet 129*f on the other. should i be concerned about this ?

Thank you for time and input

Last edited by Ti8kitti; 08-28-2014 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You numbered makes it easier to understand,
1. You can splice vacuum tubing together with a piece typically found in auto parts store or salvage, It is not a critical fit unless you are turbo or supercharged. Glad to see you seeking dealer parts.

2. no freon will not hurt anything, The compressor is protected with a low pressure switch. It should never come on unless someone has jumped it. The compressor running with no freon will cook fast and lock up smoking the belt loosing drive ability (tow). Some Benz have belt slip protection, My W124 is a prime example.

3. yes, If the coolant does not circulate it usually means the thermostat is not working or the engine is cold. If it overheats the thermostat is a good place to start. 95^C - 100^C + suspect the T-stat. Pressure testing is for leaks.

4. These temperatures 189^F - 195^F indicate a healthy engine and cooling system. The thermostat has cycled and the next charge of cooler coolant is ready to do its job.
If the engine is in first warm up of the day, the t-stat has not opened yet and latent heat is transferred from the engine via water pump circulation to the rest of the cooling system.

Never run an engine without a thermostat, in an emergency you can McGyver the center out of it and put back the orfice plate.

Gator

Last edited by GatorMB; 08-29-2014 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Added content
Old 08-29-2014, 11:53 AM

2001 clk 55 amg
good morning and thank you for the speedy reply

1) is there any reason why my aux coolant pump would stop working yet works when i ground it bootlegged?
2) is it okay to run the lil aux pump all the time while the engine is running ?

since i grounded out the lil aux pump it runs the whole time the engine is running...

3) also could you after you ve driven your car 20 min plz pop your hood and squeeze the main coolant hose ontop of your engine and let me know if it feels hard with pressure or if its really easy to pinch together it will be very hot so plz be careful

thank you so much
Attached Thumbnails hello agian i did the heater core myself she started first try-img_0039.jpg   hello agian i did the heater core myself she started first try-img_0024.jpg   hello agian i did the heater core myself she started first try-img_0033.jpg   hello agian i did the heater core myself she started first try-img_0075.jpg   hello agian i did the heater core myself she started first try-img_0044.jpg  

hello agian i did the heater core myself she started first try-img_0061.jpg  

Last edited by Ti8kitti; 08-29-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Not so speedy just good timing, It was bedtime for me, my schedule is all over the place right now.

1. It depends on how Benz wired it, Logic control is sometimes a ground circuit, 12v control or power with low current can be logic or micro-controller + relay driven.
With the car off, test for power and ground to the motor.(faults) Resistance from ground cable to chassis.

2. Auxillary pump starts after the engine is running to purge old coolant from the core it also helps to purge air from the engine if there was service or loss of coolant.
The pump should depend on auto-temp systems and circulate when the mono-valve if modulating is searching for more heat. If convection and pressure from the cooling system satisfy the temp then the pump is off most of the time. need to study a control sequence of operations here. I dont see any harm in running it especially if it is cold outside.

3. I can't help you with this one. It is on the average 95 - 105 heat index in Florida and carving through twisties and hills does not help. my fan clutch is shot and the electric fans take over keeping things normal and fun.

Cheers, Gator
Old 08-30-2014, 06:12 PM

2001 clk 55 amg
Thank you so much for all your input and time to help me