CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

What mods to add Power to my clk 55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
CLK Cabrio
First and foremost, get a set of long tube headers (they will actually increase HP). After that is complete and depending on the setup, you may end up losing the primary cats, I would debate removing the rear muffler, or maybe replacing it with a different unit. This is more about sound than performance. I personally think that no muffler causes it to lose that refined euro muscle sound.

My car is running the eisenmann race out back with no resonator and is very aggressive sounding. Very person that has heard it loves it. I am planning on headers so we will see how the sound changes. I do get very annoying drone around 2000/2500 RPM's on the freeway. I have heard that an x-pipe will help with that!
Old 09-05-2014, 09:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Xx

Originally Posted by sick430
First and foremost, get a set of long tube headers (they will actually increase HP). After that is complete and depending on the setup, you may end up losing the primary cats, I would debate removing the rear muffler, or maybe replacing it with a different unit. This is more about sound than performance. I personally think that no muffler causes it to lose that refined euro muscle sound.

My car is running the eisenmann race out back with no resonator and is very aggressive sounding. Very person that has heard it loves it. I am planning on headers so we will see how the sound changes. I do get very annoying drone around 2000/2500 RPM's on the freeway. I have heard that an x-pipe will help with that!

I too am running kleemann mid length headers 300 cell secondary cars and eisennman race dual muffs.

With all the other work done to this car it sounds good to me. I wad tsrgetting stock c63. I'm close but but not exact.

I plan to install the mbh headers in the next round of mods.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk w209 AMG
Thanks for your replies MBH Headers seems to be the way to go! and im looking foward on to them.

but with the set up i have right now "everything stock" what would you think i should do? free flow cats? 2nd cat delete? im looking for a decent sound.. and no loss in power.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 Chevy Tahoe
Dmtypr - bottom line, with the M113 the only way you're going to get any real improvement in power is with a blower. Recommend Kleemann original auto rotor, if you can find one. All of the other stuff costs $$ with only marginal gains. Once you've got the blower I'd go with a looped fuel rail (Fabtech) and maybe a CAI (again, Fabtech). You could upgrade the cam with the Kleemann, or an E55 but you'll want to watch how aggressive you go, could impact emissions and make for a really poor DD because of rough idle. After that I'd start thinking about a Quaife or Wavetrac LSD.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
I've got kleemann eaton blower pp heads Pte cams Klee headers smaller blower pulley 9 psi,

Zero drivability or emissions issues over past 30k miles modified.

I'm road tripping to Klee USA hq end of sept for redyno check tuning motor for my next 30k miles.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 Chevy Tahoe
Betrezra - so you're headed out to Colo Springs at the end of Sept! Lucky Dog! I was supposed to have paid Cory a visit earlier this summer - but this thing called work got in the way! Thought I could squeeze it in but SWMBO has "convinced" me I need two weeks at the beach! Trust me - if I had a choice I'd be headed for the mountains!
Old 09-06-2014, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk w209 AMG
thanks everyone for their precise clear replies I gathered the information I was looking for.

I will now start a new thread on Exhaust setups for ClK W209 55 AMG for sound and performance.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK55 AMG
I purchased a set of top speed pro1 shorties and I am very pleased with them. they are basically the same as the ams shorties. for 479 shipped you cant go wrong.

Last edited by c32kompressor; 09-10-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 188 Posts
CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
Originally Posted by c32kompressor
I purchased a set of top speed pro1 shorties and I am very pleased with them. they are basically the same as the ams shorties. for 479 shipped you cant go wrong.

How was the quality? Welds...were the flanges straight etc? How long have you had them on the car? Any power gains?

They get very mixed reviews from very good to very bad so....
Old 09-12-2014, 12:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by megacrazy
How was the quality? Welds...were the flanges straight etc? How long have you had them on the car? Any power gains?

They get very mixed reviews from very good to very bad so....
I had no fitment issues what so ever. for 500 shipped the quality is really good. I checked the flange with a straight edge and feeler gauges and didn't find any discrepencies with warpage. welds are exceptional. ive only had them for a week and so far no problems
Old 09-12-2014, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 188 Posts
CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
Originally Posted by c32kompressor
I had no fitment issues what so ever. for 500 shipped the quality is really good. I checked the flange with a straight edge and feeler gauges and didn't find any discrepencies with warpage. welds are exceptional. ive only had them for a week and so far no problems

Great thanks for the feedback. Please keep an eye on them and update if they develop cracks etc.

I want to do headers on my car but I'm torn between a custom job or simply getting the shorties from eBay. The biggest issues seems to be the small diameter on the stock headers. A custom job would not be an issue but if the gains are minimal over the shorties I don't see the point.

I wish we had more choices...we're between eBay headers and 3000$ headers that calim 40hp but forget to mention they remove all traces of catalytic converters ...so yeah.