CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

CLK 430 gear wont engage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 12:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 clk430
CLK 430 gear wont engage

Hey, I did a search and havent found this topic so im posting. So im fixing up my clk430 that has been sitting for about a yr now. The problem im having is the gear wont engage or the car wont move. It goes from park, to reverse, drive, neutral but the car wont move. it only revs. I also notice while watching the dash. it delays from gear to gear for about 3 seconds. like from "P" to "R", from "R" to "N"..."N" to "D"....the letters on the dash takes awhile to change. I also notice i wasnt feeling the gear shifting from one to the next ( slight jerk ). I did a google search and it seem like it could be the transmission interlock solenoid. But i wanted to know if any of you guys have experience this. or any idea what it could really be. I wouldnt even know where to locate the solenoid if thats the issue. I saw a post from a guy who say this happen to him when his car is hot. My car was hot when i tried to move it. so i dont know how it would react if i try to move it when i 1st crank it up.
So just to sum up what im saying. It changes gear. but it wont move. no drive no reverse. You dont even feel it engaging from gear to gear... Any suggestion