CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Tele Aid Defective Visit WorkShop W209

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz CLK500
Tele Aid Defective Visit WorkShop W209

I have a 2003 CLK 500 ,

Upon disconnecting the battery terminals to replace a cigarette lighter fuse , When I reconnected the battery this 'Tele Aid Defective Visit WorkShop " along with a New "SRS Restraint System Service " both showed up . The car Lost its radio , nav and bluetooth . I soon brought it to the dealer . I was told the Telecommand unit needed to get replaced at a price of the unit alone 3200.00 .
After declining service at that price he said he did me a favor by bypassing something to give me my radio ,bluetooth and NAvigation back which it worked but I still have the two error messages , I asked if my airbags would still go off in an accident since I track the car at Poconos ,Monticello ect . My service guy gave me a verbal that it would be still functional which I dont believe him one bit .

I dont believe that I have to replace the unit , I am sure there is a work around , I searched the Forums and found nothing on the W209 .

Does it make sense to buy a similar unit on ebay and install that but I am not even sure thats the problem . I have been driving around some time with it , I tried resetting the car , didconnecting the battery again , Not sure what else to do .
Help
Old 01-28-2015, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Unfortunately, your shop was correct.

There are two teleaid systems. Circa 2005-2006, the teleaid system went digital. Your 2003 has an analog system, it will need to be upgraded to digital to truly fix the issue. Which, as you have found it, is very expensive.

I am surprised they bypassed the issue as most dealers won't do it. Alternatively, you can buy a Mstar and turn it off yourself.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz CLK500
Originally Posted by Nachtsturm
Unfortunately, your shop was correct.

There are two teleaid systems. Circa 2005-2006, the teleaid system went digital. Your 2003 has an analog system, it will need to be upgraded to digital to truly fix the issue. Which, as you have found it, is very expensive.

I am surprised they bypassed the issue as most dealers won't do it. Alternatively, you can buy a Mstar and turn it off yourself.
Thank you , I had a little hope for a quick fix and its unfortunate but I thank you for your help as I have been driving like this for a few years and am totally sick of looking at it .

Thanks again
Inno