CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Liquid in Passenger Footwell

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 01:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 Chevy Tahoe
Liquid in Passenger Footwell

Second time I've noticed significant amount of liquid saturating the passenger side front footwell.

First time a water bottle had rolled off the seat on the drive home. Next day when I was detailing the car I noticed it. Figured the water bottle had leaked.

This time it was after washing the car. Since Gladys doesn't do the rain it can't be that. Location is far right corner of front seat passenger footwell.

I saw Rodney's earlier post about checking the water drains coming off the windscreen scuppers. I'm thinking I might also have to check the A-pillar drains off the convertible top.

First question - anyone have any known issues concerning liquids in passenger footwell.

Second question - what's the best way to check the drains, and more importantly, if clogged, "What's the fix?!"

Thanks, Greg
Old 03-27-2015, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts
2002 CLK 55 AMG cabriolet Eurocharged
AC drain tubing is the first thought.

If you have access to a lift than a piece of flexible cable can unclog the tube.

Drain tubes are made with a foam composite material on W124 and fade away with age. The W208/W209 have likely changed but material failure can be the culprit as well.

Cheers

Last edited by GatorMB; 03-27-2015 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
You may want to check and see if your blower motor regulator got wet in the process. It's common for the tubes to get clogged and then water gets in passenger side footwell area. Which is where the blower motor regulator is and can go bad. Mine did after sitting outside for a year
Old 04-02-2015, 09:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 Chevy Tahoe
Hey blackbenzz, long time since we've seen you on the boards! Hope everything's going fine. Are you posting anywhere on your current project, would like to watch your progress.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out tomorrow.

One week and I'm off for Colorado. Can't wait to see what the difference will be.

Cheers,

Greg
Old 04-03-2015, 11:52 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Hi Greg. Yea I don't post much here anymore. Lots of morons around now lol. I haven't even updated my build stuff but I guess I can update it with some pics.

Cool, Say hi to Cory. You will love the new found power!