CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Radio Replacement Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK 430
Radio Replacement Suggestions?

Over the weekend, someone smashed out my passenger window and ripped out my radio. I was parked under a streetlight in a heavily residential part of the city/good area...but alas, it's Chicago so I shouldn't be surprised.

I had a single din aftermarket stereo, JVC KD-AVX77. I liked this because I think most aftermarket stereos look like kid's toys and don't blend well with the car's interior/aesthetics. That model is a single touch screen (no buttons), that though was a PITA to do, also integrated well with the steering wheel controls (thank you Mr. Marcus Fitzhugh for your write up several years ago).

I've realized that I don't need all the bells and whistles (I usually just plug my phone in and play music from there), but want something clean looking (I would put the factory unit back in, but as luck would have it two years ago, my condo basement flooded and that was lost). Any suggestions based on others experiences, or lust for a look someone else had on their MB??
Old 08-03-2015, 04:11 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
I really like mine. Nice and simple. No touch screen. Its a pioneer can't remember which model. Link is the "CLK" in my signature next to the C32 radio install link. Steering wheel controls was a must for me also.