CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Help with my headlight W209

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk w209 AMG
Help with my headlight W209

Hello guys!

Im having a problem with my passenger side headlight assembly. The inner light does not light up. I removed the front bumper and removed the headlight assembly to inspect. The wire insulation was so brittle and pulverized it cracked all the way leaving the wires without protection.. I re-insulated the wires and yet the light does not come up. I put the driver side bulb on to test but still does not light up.

I was thinking perhaps there might be a fuse I can check? Or some tests I could do ?
Old 08-26-2015, 01:20 AM

Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts
2004 CLK55 AMG W209
the wis here for the CLK has the coding pin outs for the specific electrical consumer. Brittle is a definite indication of a problem with the circuit. Did you change the bulb to check after you insulated the wires?
Once you find the correct fuse and its location, you can test the continuity in the wires from the fuse. Just run a long cable so the multimetre leads make contact and see if your reading is under 10 ohms and decreasing. An open circuit would indicate more than 10 ohms or the multimetre will not beep depending on the variant you are using. Hopefully its just a bulb and a fuse.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk w209 AMG
Just finished insulating the wires very carefully and patiently using electrical tape and sorted the issue was a blown small bulb. I thought that the high beam large bulb was also the one the car used for the "low brightness"? inner part of the headlight. After inspecting the headlight assembly removed inner small bulb and noticed it was blown got the other headlight assembly and plug it in and tested and it worked.