CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

CLK55 AMG w209 with issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes Benz CLK55 AMG
CLK55 AMG w209 with issues

New member. Anyway have a few issues and live about 2 hours from the closest MB dealership. I bought the car knowing it had a few issues, one being a parasitic draw overnight. I will be testing this weekend to find where the draw is coming from. It also is without radio, the radio comes on and what not but the display says no CD Changer or something. And I had it out the other night just for a cruise and the Coolant! Visit workshop! came up and I noticed the temp reaching about 90 or so while I sat but as soon as I was driving it would fall back to 80. I also want to add that the a/c doesn't work either. If anyone has any guidance I would really appreciate it. I am thinking of selling the car if anyone would be interested in it as well.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:41 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
Any of those could be major issues. Check the glove compartment for the CD changer, some people remove them. The radio is not difficult to replace so if you chose to keep the car I would do that.

Check the radiator fan runs when the car is warmed up and just stopped. Top up the coolant (use MB only not green or other generic versions or just demineralized water), it might be low from neglect or it might be getting used up quickly ie blown head gasket. Compression test would rule this in out. Leak down test would then find the source.

The heated seats can sometimes cause a fault and drain the power, check these. Otherwise not too sure if there are any other main culprits that are easy to check. Most of these problems you can go to a good independent mechanic, preferably who have worked on MB before and an auto sparky can track down battery depletion.