CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

03 CLK55 A/C Compressor R&R procedures

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 CLK55 AMG
03 CLK55 A/C Compressor R&R procedures

My A/C compressor has died a horrible death. Can someone post the procedures for removing and reinstalling the compressor, expansion valve and the dryer insert?

The A/C started blowing warm air then after about 2 minutes the air would turn cold. On hotter days the A/C would be less effective and stay warm, just as I made an appointment to have the system serviced the compressor started making horrible knocking noises.

Purchased a A/C bypass belt 6PK2315 (Engines M112/113 – 20 x 2315 to 2325 mm) in accordance with the tech tip http://www.import-car.com/tech-tip-m...ve-belt-noise/

The bypass belt allowed me to determine the problem is in the A/C compressor. I have also found the system is still pressurized.

Any experience, information and/or procedures to accomplish this repair will be appreciated. I will document my repairs as they may be helpful in the future to other owners.

Planning for the worst and hoping for the best I have ordered a new compressor, expansion valve, A/C dryer insert, O-ring kit and Schrader valve cores
Old 04-29-2016, 10:17 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
There are many documents for this job with filling and torque requirements at Startek.com. The downside is not doing the job correctly and then having someone else do the job correctly!!
Old 04-29-2016, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 CLK55 AMG
Thank you for the information! Trust me I know the time and value of doing any job correct the first time. One of the reasons I am gathering information is to determine if I want to perform this repair or take to a repair facility. If I can perform 90% of the labor that will be a substantial cost savings and to know that portion of the job was done correctly. I have full confidence in my mechanical skills however I may not have all the special tools required to complete this repair.

Thanks for the information!