CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

"How to" move a stuck power seat W208

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 09:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 CLK55 AMG
"How to" move a stuck power seat W208

Still trying to fix my passenger seat in my 2002 CLK55 AMG. It won't move fore/aft. I wish I could remove the leather seat base to service from above but cannot get at the rear mounts. The seat motor is okay so I suspect the seat control module. Not really sure how to test that as I am useless with a multimeter.

ANYWAY...

If your seat is stuck and you at least want to manually move it here is the trick. Lift the front of the seat bottom ( or better yet take the whole seat out ). Remove the center motor held in place with two Torx25 screws. This is the motor that controls fore/aft movement. Pull the motor which is female ended, off the tiny shaft. What remains is a small gearbox with a tiny square shaft sticking out, only about 1/8" square diameter. Get a cordless drill and a longish ROBERTSON wood screw, which has a square hole in the end. Clamp the pointed end of the screw into the drill chuck.

Make sure the screw is the size with the larger hole - small Robertson will not fit - it will push snugly onto the shaft end. Now squeeze the trigger and spin this shaft until the seat advances on the track to a decent position you would like to keep the seat at. Now your seat is at least in a reasonable position you can live with until you figure out WTF is wrong with your seat. I'm still at the WTF part.