CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

CLK 55 problems

Old 09-12-2016, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 55 cab
CLK 55 problems

Clk 2002 202,000 miles. This thing has been a beast. my Issues a) Dash is telling me i am low on oil or check oil meanwhile oil levels are fine. b) tranny issues I start car and sometimes when I drive it wont shift gears (tip tronic) and will stay basically in 3rd as I drive. I pull over and turn it off then turn back on and will be fine. Am I having transmission issues or is it an electrical problem?
Old 09-12-2016, 11:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes C204 C350
Could be symptomatic of an electrical fault, but could also indicate multiple faults at once.

Have you had it scanned for fault codes?

My C55 threw a wide range of errors and dash warning lights including trans failsafe mode locking it into gear.

It took a while for Mercedes to discover it was a faulty speed limiter/cruise control switch as it was throwing so many different fault codes at once, they couldn't narrow it down.

My car also started exhibiting low oil warnings straight after it's last service, (Literally immediately after driving it out of the dealer), and their initial diagnosis was a faulty oil level sensor. (no standard dipstick on a C55 for me to check myself).
I insisted on them checking the physical oil level again with a dipstick and they confirmed oil level was fine and they quoted me for a replacement oil level sensor and I booked to bring it back.

Over the next week Oil level warnings remained on constantly and were displaying to add over 2 litres so I restricted driving the car, (which was difficult as it was my daily) just in case.

When I dropped it off for the new sensor, I asked the service manager, (who was away the first time) to manually check the oil level again just in case.

Mechanic came over with their (generic) workshop dipstick and checked and proclaimed that the oil level was fine.

Service Manager asked to see and then told him he was looking at the wrong marker on the dipstick and that the oil level was very low for an AMG!!!

They topped it up with nearly 3 litres and off I went without a sensor change.

Not happy Jan.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 169 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 GLK350 & 1992 190e sportline
could be as easy as a bad battery or it could be about to spontaneously combust (no not really). Thing is with electrical issues a DAS scan is a must.