CLK55 AMG, CLK63 AMG (W208, W209) 2000 - 2010 (Two Generations)

Is my OVP potentially at fault?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 02:22 PM
RPB

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Is my OVP potentially at fault?

Hey Guys,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out. Two weeks ago I went to start my car, it had a very high idle/surging. I turned the car off and restarted to find the CEL illuminated (P0120). I ordered a new TPS the next day, I installed to find the same results. I disconnected the battery and it cranked up fine and drove like usual. The next day I took it for a spin and it was not running right. The idle was high in addition to a rough idle. As I was reversing back in my driveway I heard something from the engine bay and the idle was way up there. My idle pulley had deteriorated and my tensioner pulley had come loose. Ordered the parts and had them installed. The car was in limp mode shortly after I picked it up, but made it back home. I disconnected the battery for 20-30min and the car drove like it should. The next day I restarted again and these issues came back to life. I have no throttle response and the idle is off. Also, the BAS and ASR lights. I replaced my Brake Light Switch not too long ago, so I am confident this part is not at fault. The battery on the car is also fine.

I'm going down the list of things to check. The OVP relay was the next thing. I was hoping to confirm the location, it looked like behind the passenger footwell or backside of engine bay? When I look up the part it's an entire module with fuses. Would the whole module need to be replaced or do I just need to check the fuses? I'm close to succumbing to the dealership. Any insight you guys could offer up based off these issues would be very much appreciated!!

'02 CLK55 w/87k

Cheers,

-Rob

Last edited by RPB; 01-11-2017 at 02:25 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Your issues are not with the OVP----you need a good scan to get a base line as to the total faults on the car!

You keep jumping around form one area of the car to the next without solving he issue!
Old 01-11-2017, 03:03 PM
RPB

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I hear you Plutoe, prob best to get it into the dealership.

I appreciate the input!

-Rob