CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Finally got one!! My CLK63 AMG Black Series arrived while I was out of town!! YEAH!!

Old 06-04-2015, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 124 Likes on 43 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
Originally Posted by NYC_Z06
Very nice. Like that E63 estate parked next to it as well.

Agreed! I offered to buy it from him, but he and his wife had gone to Arizona to pick it up a few months prior, and were in love with it (which is perfectly understandable). It was in great shape too!
Old 08-07-2015, 01:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G63, 360CS, CLK63 BS, 997.2TT, 328D
Enjoy your CLK it's an amazing car. I bought my CLKBS from G. Rahal a few years back and did a lot of upgrades to it since! Might be up for sale here in next month or so if you know anyone just trying to figure out what to buy next.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:27 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
a car
Originally Posted by JBFMCAR
Enjoy your CLK it's an amazing car. I bought my CLKBS from G. Rahal a few years back and did a lot of upgrades to it since! Might be up for sale here in next month or so if you know anyone just trying to figure out what to buy next.
Send me an email if you're looking to sell.
Old 08-12-2015, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
Originally Posted by JBFMCAR
I am friends with his brother. When I first got this car, Graham came over to see it at Cars and Coffee, and said that the CLK63 Black Series was the best car he ever owned. Period. I figured that was a strong endorsement.
Old 08-13-2015, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Meeyatch1
I am friends with his brother. When I first got this car, Graham came over to see it at Cars and Coffee, and said that the CLK63 Black Series was the best car he ever owned. Period. I figured that was a strong endorsement.
Yeah coming from an Indy car driver and someone whom can obtain any car that says more then a lot! Here is some random pictures of the car and build.

https://db.tt/AVsJA5OD
Old 10-08-2015, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

More updates: I love this car.

Finally got one!! My CLK63 AMG Black Series arrived while I was out of town!! YEAH!!-c24ada6d-11fc-4145-ba89-c323718562f5_zps4ldgb6yf.jpg
Old 10-09-2015, 03:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 158 Likes on 127 Posts
NB8 PARACHUTE
`

Mitch -

Incredible shine

Did you have it detailed

or wax it yourself

If you did it yourself

what wax did you use

Thank-You
D.B.

`
Old 10-09-2015, 06:00 AM

More updates: I love this car.
What's not to love! Looking good
Old 10-09-2015, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

After being at the dealership for almost 2 weeks, I got my beast back yesterday.....and I love the insanity that is this car. It is like putting common sense on vacation, and just saying, "I am having fun...and you cannot do anything about it".

Old 10-09-2015, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Originally Posted by kb24forlife24
How is the transmission in this car? Doesn't the C63's MCT (in the 2012+ models) out-perform this car's 7G transmission? I'm deciding whether to get a C63 coupe versus a CLK63 Black Series.
If your only looking at the transmission your missing a big part of the difference.
The BS has a seam welded chassis and is designed for heavy track use. The C63 has cooling issues when pushed on the circuit. AMG has a fix package for about $15k that will solve this issue. If you just want to do launch control starts yes the C63 is the way to go.
I found that the rev matching upgrade by Weistec closes the gap on the transmission but there's so much more engineered into the BS.
Jimmy
Old 10-10-2015, 01:44 AM

Received 107 Likes on 79 Posts
'12 C63BS "SlickTop", '08 CLK63BS, '16 E63S wagon, '12 CLS63, amongst other non-Merc toys
Did he say that before, or after the delivery of his 918 spyder?
Old 10-10-2015, 09:19 AM

Well said guys, at the end of the day you really can't compare a C63 to a Clk63 BS two totally different cars at heart. The C63 coupe was made for the masses, on the other hand the Clk BS at $140k was built for the track, and a few select individuals who wanted part of something special. As for resale let me know in 5 more years what each car is worth in equal condition this is already a collectors car.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes clk black series
Mitch although I just joined this forum I feel like I've somehow fallen victim to what my other compatriots here have also expressed. You see Mitch I too bought a the black in 2009 already owning a sl65 non black but modded and owned a 911 turbo 08. I bought the black and immediately fell in love. In 2011 I fell victim to my chatty friends and sold my black for ...( painful to even type) a non German , unimaginative turbo lovin Japanese diva otherwise known as the gtr. A year past and I sold the gtr then bought the turbo s then in a few months sold that for a sls. My wife said there was something different about me . Just recently I found out it was my empty hallow void of missing the black. As luck would have it as if it was a sign from God himself made one available for me. I can't explain this feeling of wanting to have it back so badly. Porsche ts , great car but it screams douche , the merc sls 2011 almost did it but not exclusive enough. Don't even get me started on that gtr, I'm half Asian so I was a walking taking stereo type . I don't give a crap about other big time "super cars" the black has it all when done right like yours Mitch . We are part of the less than 500 units in the USA club. We are destined to become legend owners. When these young wannabe car enthusiasts look at my beloved and can't comprehend the complexities nor can they question the authority of the black because of the urban legends they've heard about this monster , they quickly nod at me in respect and drive off in their modded out whatever's leaving me with a smile ever so boosting my already shallow ego. Mitch please take my advice never and I mean NEVER unless of course ... Never mind NEVER part with your black. I'm still apologizing 3 weeks in to him everyday for the disrespectful gesture . I mean this , I found my happiness and happiness to me is spelled CLK 6-3- BLACK SERIES.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 63 BS
I love your car. I think you just made up my mind on the color.

I need to intensify my search for one. Anyone know of a good example for sale?
Old 10-28-2015, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by The Merc
Mitch although I just joined this forum I feel like I've somehow fallen victim to what my other compatriots here have also expressed. You see Mitch I too bought a the black in 2009 already owning a sl65 non black but modded and owned a 911 turbo 08. I bought the black and immediately fell in love. In 2011 I fell victim to my chatty friends and sold my black for ...( painful to even type) a non German , unimaginative turbo lovin Japanese diva otherwise known as the gtr. A year past and I sold the gtr then bought the turbo s then in a few months sold that for a sls. My wife said there was something different about me . Just recently I found out it was my empty hallow void of missing the black. As luck would have it as if it was a sign from God himself made one available for me. I can't explain this feeling of wanting to have it back so badly. Porsche ts , great car but it screams douche , the merc sls 2011 almost did it but not exclusive enough. Don't even get me started on that gtr, I'm half Asian so I was a walking taking stereo type . I don't give a crap about other big time "super cars" the black has it all when done right like yours Mitch . We are part of the less than 500 units in the USA club. We are destined to become legend owners. When these young wannabe car enthusiasts look at my beloved and can't comprehend the complexities nor can they question the authority of the black because of the urban legends they've heard about this monster , they quickly nod at me in respect and drive off in their modded out whatever's leaving me with a smile ever so boosting my already shallow ego. Mitch please take my advice never and I mean NEVER unless of course ... Never mind NEVER part with your black. I'm still apologizing 3 weeks in to him everyday for the disrespectful gesture . I mean this , I found my happiness and happiness to me is spelled CLK 6-3- BLACK SERIES.

Excellent!! It sounds like you too suffer from this affliction. Were you able to buy back the same one you sold, or a 'twin' to the original?

With cold weather settling in here in Indiana, I have felt bad for my dear 'Nero', as he sits in the garage more than usual (I was daily driving my friend until the last week and a half when the weather turned to crap), and considered if I should put him up for sale rather than store him for the next 6 months. But I cannot bring myself to do it. My wife is leaning on me to sell something, as my Black Series and NSX are not capable of hauling my 6-year old daughter around currently.....but I just love this car too much, and the NSX has been with me for almost 14 years.

The funny part is that I understand what you mean about finding your happiness with this car. It genuinely makes my days brighter every time I start it. It erases bad days completely, and those of us that are lucky enough to own these special machines should wake up each day and be thankful. I know I am. It is funny how truly special cars can do this to an otherwise logical person.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Rotary Rocket
I love your car. I think you just made up my mind on the color.

I need to intensify my search for one. Anyone know of a good example for sale?
Thank you. I appreciate the compliment. I have considered selling mine (as mentioned above), but just cannot bring myself to part with such a special car.
Old 09-23-2016, 05:07 AM

Received 130 Likes on 105 Posts
20' RCF, 18' NX, 09' E350, 07' Solara, 05' STi, 01' Ranger
After being at the dealership for almost 2 weeks, I got my beast back yesterday.....and I love the insanity that is this car. It is like putting common sense on vacation, and just saying, "I am having fun...and you cannot do anything about it".

Freaking beautiful...

The badging that is all black, did you do this or is it completely new?
Looks so much better than the chrome that normally comes on it.

-Nigel