CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Racing seats - recommendations?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 124 Likes on 43 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
Racing seats - recommendations?

I would like to preserve my OEM leather seats, and get something like the Euro Black Series seats, but that are proper for track days as well. Any recommendations on which seats to go after? Anything I need to know regarding if I have to trick the car to not yell at me for air bag warnings and such?

Any help is appreciated.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:21 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63 BS
Any seat should fit, Recaro's are what the AMG euro ones are. Racetech are amazing seats (New Zealand company FIA cert etc) but may be expensive to get in the US.

The airbag sensor is an easy fix, you just need to place a resistor in the plug to fool the computer. There is a how to for that on NASIOC, the big subaru forum, many of use have done it to various cars.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
Originally Posted by qjumpr
Any seat should fit, Recaro's are what the AMG euro ones are. Racetech are amazing seats (New Zealand company FIA cert etc) but may be expensive to get in the US.

The airbag sensor is an easy fix, you just need to place a resistor in the plug to fool the computer. There is a how to for that on NASIOC, the big subaru forum, many of use have done it to various cars.
Any easy links for the lazy to the Recaro and Racetech seats that fit the BS?
Old 11-28-2015, 01:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLK BS
It's actually more difficult than the NASIOC resistor fix for the airbag lights (I used to own a WRX). The passenger seat has sensors built into the seat cushion that detect weight, and that is difficult to trick the computer. I read that some people actually has to get a new weight sensor to put into the seats.

Also, US cars have side airbags which are also connected so that's another thing that needs to be worked out with the ECU. That's not easy either.

You can buy the Recaro Pole Position seat or Sparco seats and attach to the Weistec seat mount. The seat belt mount will also need to be addressed.
Old 11-28-2015, 08:05 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63 BS
Originally Posted by GeoGeo
It's actually more difficult than the NASIOC resistor fix for the airbag lights (I used to own a WRX). The passenger seat has sensors built into the seat cushion that detect weight, and that is difficult to trick the computer. I read that some people actually has to get a new weight sensor to put into the seats.

Also, US cars have side airbags which are also connected so that's another thing that needs to be worked out with the ECU. That's not easy either.

You can buy the Recaro Pole Position seat or Sparco seats and attach to the Weistec seat mount. The seat belt mount will also need to be addressed.
Thats good to know then. I haven't changed the seats in the black, but figured it would probably be the same. I know a few guys in the C63 forum have changed them out, so they must have figured a way. Like most things you could probably reprogram the system using the STAR.

I might have to look into that more, as I'd like to change out the seats.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 124 Likes on 43 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
Originally Posted by GeoGeo

Yikes!! So, where would you look for a solution?