CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

After seeing RM Auction sell a SLS AMG Black Series will any magic rub off on us?

Old 08-20-2016, 01:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series & 1994 MB E500
After seeing RM Auction sell a SLS AMG Black Series will any magic rub off on us?

Just about 30 minutes ago I was shocked to see an 2014 AMG SLS Black Series that originally listed for $275k go for a whopping $450k at RM Auction in Monterrey.

I know prices have upticked a little for our CLK63 BS, but could some of that SLS BS glow rub off on us? A return to $100k in a year or two?

By the way, I'm not selling mine no matter what.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
My guess is that you will have to wait more than a year or two to see $100k valuations on these cars. My guess is that you will have to wait another 10-11 years before there is a major uptick in CLK BS values, probably right around the time the car hits 20 years old there will be a big demand amongst the collectors would be my prediction. The SLS BS is a far more rare car than the CLK BS and far more exotic. The good news is I think the CLK's have just about leveled off. The CLK BS is a great limited production vehicle so it's not a matter of if it's going to rise in value just a question of when.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 124 Likes on 43 Posts
'94 NSX,'99 NSX Z,'12 C63 Black Series (Prior: '07 E63, '08 CLK63 Black Series,'14 E63-S & 16 C63-S)
This is the conundrum that I have battled. I bought my car with around 17k miles, and now have around 28k miles on it. Obviously, I love my car. It is special, and by far the best car that I have ever owned. The problem is that I know it will likely rise in value, and I am now wondering how much I can really drive it before just nuking the value.

As a point of reference, I have had two cash offers within the last 6 months for my car. One was around $68k, and the other around $72k. I kept it because I love it, and have no idea what I would buy if I sold it. This became abundantly clear when I went and test drove a McLaren MP4-12C a few months ago (the only car I thought I would love more than my Black Series), and was massively disappointed.

So, I hope the values go up. I would be happy to see $100k on these cars again, but wonder if those values with be relegated to the sub-20k mile all original cars, or if the rest will see a significant rise too?
Old 09-01-2016, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Guy - several
and let's not forget -- take that sale price and ADD a 10% buyers fee to it. They are definitely ringing the bell at 1/2 a millie.... or MORE on some private listings. I sold my CLK BS series on these boards a few months back -- I had already bought a SLS BS -- Thankfully, I licked my CLK63 BS LOSSES with my SLS WIN !! Finally actually made some money -- problem is -- I'd have to SELL the SLS to PROVE it .. That being said -- I'd probably let mine go if someone wanted it that badly.. hint hint.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:11 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
2012 C63 P31 Coupe. 2007 SL55. 1992 911 C2 Coupe
Ejbrock
The real issue is to let the collector car market know the uniqueness of these cars. Uneducated collectors do not want to add these cars to their portfolios .
Old 09-07-2016, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series; 1978 Toyota Land Cruiser; 2015 BMW R1200GSA; 2003 Porsche 996 Turbo (gone)
Originally Posted by Meeyatch1
This is the conundrum that I have battled. I bought my car with around 17k miles, and now have around 28k miles on it. Obviously, I love my car. It is special, and by far the best car that I have ever owned. The problem is that I know it will likely rise in value, and I am now wondering how much I can really drive it before just nuking the value.

As a point of reference, I have had two cash offers within the last 6 months for my car. One was around $68k, and the other around $72k. I kept it because I love it, and have no idea what I would buy if I sold it. This became abundantly clear when I went and test drove a McLaren MP4-12C a few months ago (the only car I thought I would love more than my Black Series), and was massively disappointed.

So, I hope the values go up. I would be happy to see $100k on these cars again, but wonder if those values with be relegated to the sub-20k mile all original cars, or if the rest will see a significant rise too?
"One was around $68k, and the other around $72k"....send 'em to me, I'd take $72K for mine (28K miles, flawless, all records) today and worry about regrets later.