CLK63 Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

Passing of a fellow Black Series member...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toyota Tundra Lexus GX470
Passing of a fellow Black Series member...

I am writing this post as much for me as to commemorate my brother, Lt Col (ret) James Stewart, MBWorld member Stewarj1. I write this post with a heavy heart...

On Monday Sept 26th at approx. 9:50pm my big brother and his wife Helen were driving home on I-64 from the mid west after picking up his latest historic Land Cruiser that he purchased, when they were struck from behind. Both my brother Jamie and his wife Helen were killed.

My brother has been an active member on MBWorld since Sept 2013, since he purchased his CLK63 Black Series, but he has been an avid automotive enthusiast for as long as I can remember. Sharing his experiences and interacting with fellow enthusiasts was something he enjoyed like no other.

I am proud to say that his passion/sickness for cars and motorcycles rubbed off on me and I was fortunate to share in many adventures with my brother, from taking our motorcycles on road trips, to attending Katie's Cars and Coffee events, to more recently attending a Pie Run with my local BMW Chapter. We shared a special relationship and I was proud to call him my big brother.

I will miss swapping car stories, having car detail discussions, admiring his latest motorcycle or car purchase - I lost count of how many cars and bikes he purchased over the years - I will miss having the opportunity to attend another Cars and Coffee with him, or sitting down for a good cigar at our next family get together, or our calls to each other on our birthdays - we shared the same birthday 15 yrs apart which is in October - but most of all I will just miss him...

Jamie and Helen leave behind 2 wonderful sons, my nephews. Our family is largely local so we are doing what families do during difficult times, supporting one another and more importantly their boys who are faced with the sad reality of not only losing their parents but getting a crash course in becoming independent adults and the pleasantries that come with dealing with their parents estate, but they know they are not alone in this, we are there for them and guiding them through this.

I take some solace in knowing he died doing something he loved, buying his next toy, he was/is together with his wife.

To that end, I want Jamie to know I am the luckiest little brother in the world having him around for 40+ yrs of my life and I have not nor will I forget all that we shared and all that you did for me. We will celebrate your life! Your boys are in good hands, we are STEWART STRONG!

Thank you for reading and I hope this is okay with the moderators.

I love you Jamie.

Chris

Stewarjm1

Drives: 2008 CLK63 Black Series; 1978 Toyota Land Cruiser; 2015 BMW R1200GSA; 2003 Porsche 996 Turbo (gone)

Last edited by cssnms; 09-29-2016 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-29-2016, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 158 Likes on 127 Posts
NB8 PARACHUTE
`

Extremely sorry for the loss

of your brother and his wife

I always enjoyed his posts

They were insightful and spot on

This forum lost a great one

Thank-You
D.B.

`
Old 09-29-2016, 07:29 PM

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
CLK63 BS
Very sorry for your loss. Appreciated his commentary. RIP Lt. Col. Stewart.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:43 PM

Received 130 Likes on 105 Posts
20' RCF, 18' NX, 09' E350, 07' Solara, 05' STi, 01' Ranger
That's awful. I'm sorry that you and your family have to go through this. Thoughts are with you all.

I was talking with James when he posted his clk bs up forsale last week, since we lived pretty close (Gainesville/Springfield) to meet up... I'm floored by this :-(

-Nigel
Old 09-30-2016, 12:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
Condolences on your family's loss. He will definitely be missed on this forum and by all that knew him. RIP.
Old 09-30-2016, 02:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 CLK63 AMG Black Series, 2022 BMW X3 M40i
Deepest condolences to you and your family.
Old 10-01-2016, 01:00 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
CLK63 AMG Black Series
sorry to hear. my condolences.
Old 10-01-2016, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toyota Tundra Lexus GX470
Thank you all for your thoughts.

Incidentally it appears that my brother even logged onto this site the morning of the accident... Like I said, he was an enthusiast and enjoyed not only fine automobiles but the company of fellow enthusiasts like yourselves.
Old 10-02-2016, 08:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
I'm really sorry to hear this. I'm local in MD, let me know if there's anything I can do to help out. I also frequent cars and coffee and probably drooled over his clk63 black series a few times