Burnt exhaust valve

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS
Burnt exhaust valve

I just took my car 2012 cls550 in to benz of manhattan and they are saying i have a burnt exhaust valve cylinder 8.

anyone experience this? I had the renntech tune for less then 1 week before i had to take it in and they flashed it back to stock.

so i know it cant be the renntech because i had it for less then 1 week.

i think they trying to void my warranty because of the renntech.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What prompted you to bring the car in to the dealership? Did you have maintenance scheduled or was the car running poorly?? Are you running catless downpipes by chance???

I've been running on Renntech tune for about 1.5 months so far and have not experienced any issues.

It may be worthwhile to call Renntech to discuss this with them too.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:33 AM

CLS
Angry

So i just got my car back from MB Manhattan, and i would have to say that is by far the worst dealership i have ever been too. I think they treat people at hyndai better then how i was treated.

so about 3 weeks ago my car was shaking and had a very rough idle. I took it in and they said they would take care of it, then they called saying the only way to fix the problem is to flash my hard drive back to stock. no big deal cause i only had the renntech tune for a few days. so they flashed it and replaced 1 fuel injector.

a week after i got the car it was having somewhat the same problem. this type the took the head apart to see what the problem was, so for 5 days i was waiting to hear back as far as what is wrong. then dude sends me an email saying because of the tune MB will not approve the repair.... which is bull****.

so now i have my car back with some burnt exhaust valves.

you would think when you pay 90k for a car you would get 90k worth of service... but apparently not im truly considering selling my MB due to the lack of service.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS550 my2012
you got the car tuned so you pay the price. The warranty specifically says that your engine warranty is void if you tune your car. Should'nt renntech have warranty to deal with these problems?
Old 09-19-2014, 05:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Ford Fusion
Do Mercedes Benz Used Cars Need Extended Auto Warranty Protection?

The short answer is yes! But why you might ask? After all, the Mercedes Benz brand has long been associated with luxury, class and quality. And owners of Mercedes Benz used cars are often Mercedes Benz enthusiasts who really love their cars.

However, these Mercedes Benz owners probably do not love the high cost of repairing their cars, as there is no doubt that luxury cars (including Mercedes Benz used cars) generally cost more to repair than non-luxury cars. The main reason behind this is because:

the parts tend to cost more
the labor costs more due to more complex computer systems and/or parts.
In addition, special training can be needed to work on Mercedes cars, which makes the hourly labor rate higher than for other cars.

If you need a quote for your automobile, or would like to learn more, then read on here or call us at 800 724 8141!

http://blog.extended-vehicle-warrant...ty:zoom::zoom:

*Some exclusions may apply based on make/model/mileage*
Old 09-21-2014, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG
A burnt/broken exhaust valve would cause lots of things including smoking from the exhaust tail pipe, CEL, faulty idle and a nasty engine noise. I am surprised to hear that you are mad with the dealer about denying your warranty. Although many MB dealers sell Renntech tune I don't think that they actually honor the warranties.
Even though I particularly don't think that the tune caused the valve to "burnt" I would just take the bill(pay it) and move on. The car is a great car, you just have to assume the risk when taking the car to get it tune. I wish you luck regardless