MB DTB/Xentry Bulletins

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 02:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,417 Likes on 3,146 Posts
'71 Pinto
Arrow MB DTB/Xentry Bulletins

Just wanted to give you guys/gals a heads up. I have been posting 218 TIPS bulletins and service campaign updates monthly in the 212 forum because majority of issues are shared. Simply search 218 here: https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...212-sedan.html

In addition, you can pull bulletins & wiring diagrams here: http://www.bbbind.com/free_tsb.html

MBUSA owners check for recalls here https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/recall

Last edited by konigstiger; 09-10-2015 at 04:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
GT532 (05-23-2020)
Old 05-23-2020, 01:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS-E Class
Thank U Bro...
Old 07-21-2020, 02:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,417 Likes on 3,146 Posts
'71 Pinto
Old 03-07-2022, 09:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 CLS550
NHTSA - “Manufacturer Communications” by VIN

National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Recall Portal
USDOT website catalogs, by VIN, the following:
- Complaints
- Recalls
- Investigations
- Manufacturers Communications*

*This includes Technical Service Bulletins (TSB), Service Campaigns, XENTRY Tips, etc. These were not necessarily available to the public in exhaustive and searchable database by VIN until about 2020 through NHTSA.

While automakers have been required to make this information available online by Federal Law since 2012, compliance was never enforced…
Consumer Reports Article (Feb 2020)

“The Center fought for decades against secret warranties and other dirty tricks of the auto manufacturers in order to bring technical service bulletins to light,” Jason Levine, the Center’s executive director, said in the lawsuit. “Despite the law being updated in 2012 to require communications from manufacturers to their dealers to be posted online, the government failed to do so – which is why we took DOT to court.”
“Your Guide to Technical Service Bulletins”, Knight Law Group (Jan 2021)

If anyone has additional information regarding navigating actual repairs resulting from TSB, Service Campaign, etc. please comment with your experience and recommendations. In particular, please comment if your good relationship with a responsible dealership has lead to execution of TSB/SB at no cost to the owner to redress issues, especially in relation to out-of-warranty vehicles considering the 8+ years during which time vehicle owners were not provided access to such communications while otherwise required by federal law since 2012.

Old 09-17-2023, 05:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 Mercedes Benz CLS550
Is there any resources on how to use Xentry in companion to WIS? Xentry / quick test is relatively straight forward. I'm struggling to bridge the gap between Xentry and WIS though. I have a code right now and i'd really like to know how to take that code / error and then contrast it with WIS to then get the step by step protocol for full diagnosis. google / youtube only seem to have the worst info from people who absolutely do not know what they are doing or why. This forum is actually the only place on the internet that even has a valid how to on connector removal, and that's near impossible to find via google. Anyway anyone that can bridge this gap, i'm a quick study and i'm willing to pay.