2012 CLS Amp Install Help Request

Old 09-21-2015, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS550
2012 CLS Amp Install Help Request

Good Evening!

Just got my beautiful 2012 CLS Launch and have started a few mods. Been looking all over the forum for some amp install tips. Have all the power wires sorted out but could use some help with the audio inputs. I did find some info in a W212 threat by user RNBRAD (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ml#post5399834). In the W212 he says the low level inputs are a thin brown and white wire. I have a brown and yellow wire so I tried those but it must be different on this model year CLS... I found what I believe to be the factory amp under the rear deck (shown in the photo). Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the connector that goes to it? I assume there should be some low level inputs I could tap into with an RCA cable. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

DP

Old 09-24-2015, 10:44 PM

2012 CLS550
Solution found.

Many thanks to user Konigstiger. He directed me to the following website which had all the wiring diagrams: http://www.bbbind.com/free_tsb.html - wiring diagrams - interior & driver amenity – entertainment

Long story short, rather than tapping the wires in the tight space on the amp below the deck in the trunk, I pulled back the siding on the driver side and that is where the main audio amplifier is located. I just tapped an RCA cable into the Blue and Brown/Blue wires and it worked perfectly. They have them twisted together so it's pretty obvious that those go together.
Old 07-22-2020, 02:42 PM

2014 CLS 550
Originally Posted by Machsurfer
Many thanks to user Konigstiger. He directed me to the following website which had all the wiring diagrams: http://www.bbbind.com/free_tsb.html - wiring diagrams - interior & driver amenity – entertainment

Long story short, rather than tapping the wires in the tight space on the amp below the deck in the trunk, I pulled back the siding on the driver side and that is where the main audio amplifier is located. I just tapped an RCA cable into the Blue and Brown/Blue wires and it worked perfectly. They have them twisted together so it's pretty obvious that those go together.
Bought a 2014 a few days ago and have been looking for that answer. Thank you. Can you elaborate on which one is the positive pin and the round ground wire and pulling the panel on driver side. Also did you use the battery in the back next to the tire for the power of your amplifier or did you run it from the battery under the hood?
Old 07-25-2020, 12:25 PM

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
C63 Vert
I am about ready to proceed to. Mainly for the subs, I think I'm going to pull it from under the deck and disconnect the factory sub. I do recall Kong setting me straight in the past let me see if I have a private message or an old post
Old 08-12-2020, 10:12 AM

2014 CLS 550
Originally Posted by cls5504matic
I am about ready to proceed to. Mainly for the subs, I think I'm going to pull it from under the deck and disconnect the factory sub. I do recall Kong setting me straight in the past let me see if I have a private message or an old post
Have you gotten anywhere with this? I have not dug in yet. Need to look into removing that driver side panel and finding those wires. Gonna go that route.