View Poll Results: Which wheel option is better?
Replica Wheels which meet TUV / JWL standards
0%
Used OEM wheels
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Need advice for new wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'17 AMG C43
Need advice for new wheels

Hello everyone,

I wanted to upgrade my standard 5 spoke silver wheels on my 14 CLS550 to the black '63 10-spokes. I have found them at two different sites

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232065144769?ul_noapp=true
These are claimed to be OEM, but slightly used. Will be more expensive (Wheels are at the bottom).

Which would you guys go with? The replica wheel is said to be up to TUV / JWL standards. Would I risk anything going with replicas, or is there a chance that one bad pothole will lead to a broken wheel, and I should just splash the cash for OEM? I would love any comments / thoughts.
Old 11-29-2016, 08:42 AM

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
2014 CLS63 S
Ive always regretted the replica route. I had a set on my last CLS and they would never balance out and always had a slight vibration. I am selling my AMG wheels of my CLS63 S. Not sure how much you're trying to spend but they will be priced to sell wheels tires and sensors..
Attached Thumbnails Need advice for new wheels-image1.jpg   Need advice for new wheels-img_3120.jpg  
Old 11-29-2016, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'17 AMG C43
Originally Posted by TTMerc
Ive always regretted the replica route. I had a set on my last CLS and they would never balance out and always had a slight vibration. I am selling my AMG wheels of my CLS63 S. Not sure how much you're trying to spend but they will be priced to sell wheels tires and sensors..
very interested!!! Pming soon
Old 11-30-2016, 01:43 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 S550 4matic (AMG sport package), 2016 Corvette Stingray.
Depending on what you plan to spend I would say go with some take offs or either buy new, otherwise the reps would be my 3rd option. Buying used wheels is a hit or miss but I would feel a little more comfortable if they came from a fellow member. Otherwise, used wheels can lead to many problems.