Amazing blend of power and efficiency

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 12:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 CLS550 4Matic; 2010 E550, 2007 SL550
Amazing blend of power and efficiency

Drove from Colorado to Florida over Christmas. (As a side note, this is the first time I haven't had to take painkillers on that drive. The multicontour seats in the CLS are amazing.)

Essentially the whole trip was cruising at 80mph. Interstate or US highway the whole way.

Round trip: 3700 miles
Average speed: 71mph
Fuel economy: 25.9 mpg

The CLS's combination of power, comfort, room, and efficiency is nothing short of amazing. Typical day of driving was 11 hours, 800 miles.
The adaptive cruise control, BLIS, adaptive lighting (with auto highbeams), and multicontour seats reduced the workload and increased the comfort level amazingly.
Old 01-05-2017, 04:42 PM

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
2017 CLS550
Yes, the CLS is a superb automobile. Everyone talks about the E class but unless you move up to AMG it is a full step behind the CLS in driving experience. I'll admit the new E class has a more updated interior but the materials and craftsmanship (as you noted with the seats) are second to none. One of the best decisions I ever made was not going with the anemic 4 cylinder E class. I would never have the fun with it that I have had with the CLS. Glad you love it too.