CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

My Mercedes is stuck in park

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls 550
My Mercedes is stuck in park

I hope some of fellow Mercedes lovers can help me out. Cause I love my cls .I am getting a red error message on my cls 550 2008, ( Selector lever in park) error, my key is not even in the ignition when I get this error. I put the key far away and disconnected the battery many different times and I am still getting this error, then when I put the key in the error disappears. Also the key does not turn, I opened the middle console and pressed the little plastic piece to change the gears but the key will still not turn and I still can not change gears and the error message is still there. I just need to know what part might be bad and I can buy the part and put it in myself, thanx for reading my post and any help u can give. I went to the ask Mercedes web site where u pay for a tech to answer your question and he was no help. He asked me if I spilled something or if both my keys had gone bad lol I told him I am getting this error when the key is not even in the ignition.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,415 Likes on 3,145 Posts
'71 Pinto
This may help if not assuming the vehicle is under warranty, have the dealer flatbed the vehicle in to diagnose and repair.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
P.pdf (20.1 KB, 347 views)
Old 06-21-2009, 03:10 PM

2009 CLS 550
Sounds like the same problem I had on my 2009 CLS 550. I am sure it is the (Transmission shift module) "floor shift module" needs to be replaced. I believe the part number is under warranty. See part #: 211-267-48-24.

The dealer had told me some of these modules were defective. The dealer will only replace if you experience the problem of not bringing able to shift out of Park. As a note, make sure they change the module or it will happen again. Hope this helps.

See the following post:
https://mbworld.org/forums/cls-coupe...o-reverse.html
Old 06-21-2009, 04:26 PM

cls 550
No warranty on this car

I did not buy this car from the dealer, I got it from 3rd party at a very low price and mercedes does not offer warranty on this car. I thought it might be my key, but this error message comes on even with the key not being in the garage but far away. But when I put the key in the error disappears. So I am not sure what exactly selector lever in park means, but I am unable to drive this car for over 1 week now. The key does not even turn and the car is stuck in park, I can change the gears when I opened the center consel, but I can not turn the key to turn on the car and my push start does not work either.

Originally Posted by MBsd
Sounds like the same problem I had on my 2009 CLS 550. I am sure it is the (Transmission shift module) "floor shift module" needs to be replaced. I believe the part number is under warranty. See part #: 211-267-48-24.

The dealer had told me some of these modules were defective. The dealer will only replace if you experience the problem of not bringing able to shift out of Park. As a note, make sure they change the module or it will happen again. Hope this helps.

See the following post:
https://mbworld.org/forums/cls-coupe...o-reverse.html
Old 10-21-2014, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS 55
Originally Posted by kingofdc20
I hope some of fellow Mercedes lovers can help me out. Cause I love my cls .I am getting a red error message on my cls 550 2008, ( Selector lever in park) error, my key is not even in the ignition when I get this error. I put the key far away and disconnected the battery many different times and I am still getting this error, then when I put the key in the error disappears. Also the key does not turn, I opened the middle console and pressed the little plastic piece to change the gears but the key will still not turn and I still can not change gears and the error message is still there. I just need to know what part might be bad and I can buy the part and put it in myself, thanx for reading my post and any help u can give. I went to the ask Mercedes web site where u pay for a tech to answer your question and he was no help. He asked me if I spilled something or if both my keys had gone bad lol I told him I am getting this error when the key is not even in the ignition.
What was the fix on this?
It's fuse 30 under the hood 25 amp

Last edited by Kevin M.; 10-26-2014 at 12:05 AM.