CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Lowering & Camber

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS550
Lowering & Camber

Hey guys, I wasn't able to post a thread for some reason with my old username so I made a new one...Anyways, I'm thinking of lowering my CLS550 using the lowering links method, but had a concern with camber issues. I am planning on lowering my car 1.5" and don't want uneven wear on my tires. If I use my lifting/higher button, which lifts the car 1.5" in return, will the camber return back to normal spec? So could I essentially have a lowered look when the car is parked and use the lift suspension option when driving to prevent uneven wear on tires? Anyone know if this is correct?
Old 07-05-2010, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS500, 21" Interad Turismo Wheels, Renntech Lowering Module
Originally Posted by MB_CLS550
Hey guys, I wasn't able to post a thread for some reason with my old username so I made a new one...Anyways, I'm thinking of lowering my CLS550 using the lowering links method, but had a concern with camber issues. I am planning on lowering my car 1.5" and don't want uneven wear on my tires. If I use my lifting/higher button, which lifts the car 1.5" in return, will the camber return back to normal spec? So could I essentially have a lowered look when the car is parked and use the lift suspension option when driving to prevent uneven wear on tires? Anyone know if this is correct?
Good question, im not too concerned with cmaber since i went with a Renntech lowering module, but have been wondering if the raise button would return the car back to stock height for areas where it gets bumpy or on bad roads. The other thing i wondered was if the lowering module cancels out the sport modes 1 and 2 when i have the car lowered.

Anyone know?