CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

AZN Optics - CLS Storefront

Old 06-25-2012, 05:05 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Received 211 Likes on 202 Posts
MB W204/W212, BMW E66, Porsche 958, VW MK6 TDI, Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Originally Posted by jay ridah
I may have misread but does you license plate bulbs have built in resistors for surges?
It has built in resistors and heat sinks to help bleed off heat spikes associated with surges.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 550
What colors do younhave? Anything 4300k or 6000k? And let me know where I can check out at.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:26 AM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Originally Posted by jay ridah
What colors do younhave? Anything 4300k or 6000k? And let me know where I can check out at.

5000K and 8000K
Old 08-05-2012, 04:38 PM

CLS 500
price for LED trunk and HID 4500k fogs
Old 08-06-2012, 02:57 AM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

$20 for a set of 36mm festoon LEDs for your trunk. We don't carry HIDs currently anymore unfortunately, only LEDs.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:20 AM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
CLS550 AMG Pkg.
Please see my PM. The 194s that you sent me differ significantly in terms of technical specifications than the ones that are advertised in this thread as the specific fitment for the CLS (W219).
The ones you are advertising have 8 diodes:

The ones you sent to me, while they are the correct color that I ordered, only have 5 diodes. 5 diodes vs. 8 diodes is a significant difference and I am seeking a resolution for this issue based on the fact that you are a recognized vendor and (from what I have read) have excellent reviews. I am hoping that this can be corrected quickly.

Regarding the 5k festoon lights I purchased for my rear license plate, I am very happy with the color and the output and I think they are an excellent product. Install was easy and I would recommend them to everyone on this board.

Last edited by M1RAG3; 10-03-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:17 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Originally Posted by M1RAG3
Please see my PM. The 194s that you sent me differ significantly in terms of technical specifications than the ones that are advertised in this thread as the specific fitment for the CLS (W219).
The ones you are advertising have 8 diodes:

The ones you sent to me, while they are the correct color that I ordered, only have 5 diodes. 5 diodes vs. 8 diodes is a significant difference and I am seeking a resolution for this issue based on the fact that you are a recognized vendor and (from what I have read) have excellent reviews. I am hoping that this can be corrected quickly.

Regarding the 5k festoon lights I purchased for my rear license plate, I am very happy with the color and the output and I think they are an excellent product. Install was easy and I would recommend them to everyone on this board.

Those are our old V2 design and as of September, we announced that we were moving to our new V3 design. The V3 design is a box design which offers truer 360 degree output. Also even though there are only 5 diodes compared to the 8 from the previous design, the 5 diodes are much larger and actually output 20% higher lumen than the V2. We've also introduced a non-conductive gel substrate to the unit which helps some vehicles who suffer from current surges as the gel has a higher melting point than solder to keep components from shifting from sudden heat spikes caused by current surges. These have been undergoing live testing for several months by our volunteer network here.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:29 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

And just to clarify, when it comes to brightness, the amount of diodes isn't as important as the size of diodes. Basically you want a larger surface area and a larger single diode in the head for example is brighter than 4 smaller ones because there's no wasted space with the bezel and dead spots.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:03 PM

CLS550 AMG Pkg.
Originally Posted by AZN Optics
Those are our old V2 design and as of September, we announced that we were moving to our new V3 design. The V3 design is a box design which offers truer 360 degree output. Also even though there are only 5 diodes compared to the 8 from the previous design, the 5 diodes are much larger and actually output 20% higher lumen than the V2. We've also introduced a non-conductive gel substrate to the unit which helps some vehicles who suffer from current surges as the gel has a higher melting point than solder to keep components from shifting from sudden heat spikes caused by current surges. These have been undergoing live testing for several months by our volunteer network here.
Understood. Thank you for your fast and informative response, it is a sign that you do business in a way that values customer satisfaction and I have the utmost respect for that.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:36 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

AZN Optics be closed Thanksgiving Week (Nov 20th-24th). We will still process electronic orders, but shipping of order will be delayed till Monday Nov 26th.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:50 PM

Jaguar S-Type R, Smart Passion, CLS 320 CDI
Front Turn signal: 3457 Super Wedge LED. Error Free with no hyperflashing. Direct plug and play. Offered in yellow, amber, and white.

City/Parking lights: 194 Wedge LED. Error Free. Direct plug and play. Offered in 5000K and 8000K

Feel free to contact me with any questions. All our LEDs come with 1-year hassle free warranty. [/QUOTE]

Hi AZN
am in the middle of a headlamp black housing mod which some membersof various models have successfully completed on here. I actually first saw it a year ago when MEC design did it on a CLS.

Anyway, while I have the bits sitting in my living room, interested in turn signal in amber and parking lights. PLease advise of which I reequire to achieve look as pictured. I have almost the exact same car and want a better match for my bi-xenons so please advise on col temp. wedge to go for.

Need fast turnaround to London, UK and happy to paypal once item list and total confirmed.

many thanks in advance
Old 11-25-2012, 08:43 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Originally Posted by jvdas

Hi AZN
am in the middle of a headlamp black housing mod which some membersof various models have successfully completed on here. I actually first saw it a year ago when MEC design did it on a CLS.

Anyway, while I have the bits sitting in my living room, interested in turn signal in amber and parking lights. PLease advise of which I reequire to achieve look as pictured. I have almost the exact same car and want a better match for my bi-xenons so please advise on col temp. wedge to go for.

Need fast turnaround to London, UK and happy to paypal once item list and total confirmed.

many thanks in advance
I have specs for US based model, but we've already determined that on some models, the lighting spec is determined regionally. I'm pretty much certain your parking lights are just standard wedge LEDs, but your signal lights I'd like to make absolute sure. If you can take a picture of your front signal lights and email me at aznoptics@gmail.com and include your username so I know who this is coming from, we'll see how we can get you set up
Old 11-26-2012, 07:42 AM

Email sent AZN . Please check and advise at your earliest convenience so I can have correct part shipped. Am assuming fast UK turnaround not an issue.

Once again many thanks for prompt reply!
Oh and please do advise re: colour temps to achieve look above and match existing bi-xenons with good light output for city/ parking lights
Old 11-28-2012, 04:29 AM

Email sent. Awaiting paypal invoice. pls dispatch st your earliest convenience. In response to M1RAG3 are the new v3 wedges smd / cree?

re city / parking..I understand about diode size, chip quality, reflector design, lumens and heat dissipation as we sell led for architectural use. Want error free, long lasting bulbs with good cool white oem bix match. not too blue. if true 5k then perfect.

basically the one in your pic looks good... so ill go with whichever.

Last edited by jvdas; 11-28-2012 at 04:32 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:12 AM

CLS550 AMG Pkg.
Email sent. Awaiting paypal invoice. pls dispatch st your earliest convenience. In response to M1RAG3 are the new v3 wedges smd / cree?

re city / parking..I understand about diode size, chip quality, reflector design, lumens and heat dissipation as we sell led for architectural use. Want error free, long lasting bulbs with good cool white oem bix match. not too blue. if true 5k then perfect.

basically the one in your pic looks good... so ill go with whichever.
I have the 5k city lights, the are a pretty good match for the OEM BIx. In my opinion to go with the 8k would take away some of the class of the CLS because the tint of blue really has no place on the front end.

Dont know if you considered the 5k licence plate festoons? The difference between OEM is unbelievable and you will not be disappointed. For $20 you cant go wrong.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:41 PM

NSX
Do you have anything for the front side marker lights?

How about a package deal/price? City lights, turn signals, rear plate, and side marker lights?
Old 11-28-2012, 12:52 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Originally Posted by swiftvision
Do you have anything for the front side marker lights?

How about a package deal/price? City lights, turn signals, rear plate, and side marker lights?
Sidemarkers use the same 194 wedge LEDs. Yes, we can cut you a package price. Send an email to aznoptics@gmail.com with your username, order, and color and we'll put something together for you.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by M1RAG3
Ithe 8k would take away some of the class of the CLS because the tint of blue really has no place on the front end.

Dont know if you considered the 5k licence plate festoons?
thx M1RAG3 mate! Absolutely exact sentiments about going too blue. No reflection on what are sure to be top notch products from AZN but just speaking generally, have never cared for too blue.

man I wish I'd seen this thread before sending paypal just now, am going to see what can be done for me, esp since there is now a package available!

I would go for it all - UK car has no side markers but I'd still be grateful for "Euro" package!

Cheers to M1RAG3 for the endorsement of the rear plate festoon and to swiftvision for the notion of package pricing.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:11 PM

NSX
Email sent.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:26 AM

arrived safely after major tax gouging which I shall be disputing with HM revenue and customs. installed on blackout project headlamps. New wedge design looks better as bulbous base of glue helps reduce risk of inserting city lights too deep and burning them out. deffo worth mentioning. j

just right colour temperature. Indicators look better than chromed orange I had as yolk effect not visible on reflector. Clean n pure black and silver from front... no hint of orange.

As with all pics camera will suggest greater illumination but very pleased with purchase... rear festoons to go on next... no time as had lots to do sunday with bumper replacement and undertray and shorter winter days here in UK.

AZN is a gent and a first class seller who is both knowledgeable and patient. Package discount offered. buy with confidence... AZN service top notch... UK post positively rubbish... did not complete tracking or ask to sign for reciept...

Last edited by jvdas; 12-18-2012 at 04:41 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:25 AM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

arrived safely after major tax gouging which I shall be disputing with HM revenue and customs. installed on blackout project headlamps. New wedge design looks better as bulbous base of glue helps reduce risk of inserting city lights too deep and burning them out. deffo worth mentioning. j

just right colour temperature. Indicators look better than chromed orange I had as yolk effect not visible on reflector. Clean n pure black and silver from front... no hint of orange.

As with all pics camera will suggest greater illumination but very pleased with purchase... rear festoons to go on next... no time as had lots to do sunday with bumper replacement and undertray and shorter winter days here in UK.

AZN is a gent and a first class seller who is both knowledgeable and patient. Package discount offered. buy with confidence... AZN service top notch... UK post positively rubbish... did not complete tracking or ask to sign for reciept...
Glad it got to you. And yeah, I would totally dispute that import duty gouging as they have zero basis to charge you that much.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:24 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

bump
Old 05-15-2013, 08:44 PM

cls550
i want those kind of fog lights. what kind do u have there?

Old 05-15-2013, 11:56 PM
SPONSOR/MBworld Guru

Those are HID fogs. We're a direct distributor for top shelf Morimoto HID kits if interested. They are $150/kit.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
White S63 AMG W/Designo Interior
Michael I need 2825 bulbs for my s550 but I need them to be white/yellowish in color like factory drl??

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AZN Optics - CLS Storefront