LED tail light issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS500
LED tail light issue

Hello,

I have a 2006 CLS500 with the LED tail light modules so I can have 2009+ LED tail lights. Everything was working perfectly until I noticed one of the used tail lights I bought was leaking water into the back of the assembly due to the gasket being worn out. So there is no water in the tail light assembly but water where all the wire harness and connections are. I dried it all up and noticed that one of the LED strips that light up the parking and break light is not working. Does anyone think that this is damage to the tail light assembly or the LED conversion modules? Any suggestions or help is much appreciated.
Thanks!
Old 04-03-2014, 08:54 PM

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts
300SL24 R129 - CLS 500 W219
Hello,

I think it comes from The Tail light led, that lights Up the strip but...

You can easily swap the other module from left to right, by removing the black cover from the little black box. After removing the 2 little screws, just rotate it for 180• deg, and try to plug it to the other Tail light.

Regards,
Frenchy.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:58 PM

CLS500
I just wanted to post a follow up on this issue I had. I ended up just replacing the entire tail light housing and everything works perfectly. It was the LED strip inside the tail light housing that seems to have shorted out and not Frenchy's modules failing. Thanks Frenchy for building a quality product that can withstand moisture!
Old 06-05-2014, 04:01 PM

CLS 550 AMG pckg
Exclamation ??

Is there a reason why you are not responding to emails?

I have still to receive a replacement module from you as promised from our emails? please contact me asap. I can not drive the car like this.

jcaci828@aol.com

Originally Posted by TheFrenchy
Hello,

I think it comes from The Tail light led, that lights Up the strip but...

You can easily swap the other module from left to right, by removing the black cover from the little black box. After removing the 2 little screws, just rotate it for 180• deg, and try to plug it to the other Tail light.

Regards,
Frenchy.