CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

X Pipe, Magnaflow Mufflers or glass packs, CLS320???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cls 320
X Pipe, Magnaflow Mufflers or glass packs, CLS320???

Hi everyone!!

I'm in the process of updating my cls 320. I'm currently adding 20's, diffuser, front lip and 3pc trunk spoiler but the exterior will not match the non existent exhaust note .Been a lurker here as most questions are usually already answered but can't seem to get an answer on this so hi everyone and hope you can help.

I've been reading for the past week about all the combinations to get a better exhaust note as the cls 320 sounds pretty lame. I decided to leave the second cats and start with an x pipe in place of the resonator and add 2 magnaflow mufflers and quad tips. I understand it's a diesel and I'm a little limited but listening to some diesels on you tube got me motivated.

Seen videos on YouTube and read a lot about mods on the E class diesels but can't get any info on the cls 320.

1) Will the mods I intend to make give me a deeper throatier exhaust note or am I wasting my time with the cls.
2) I live in the UK so don't want crazy loud (straight pipes) just sportier, deeper, low end burble.
3) any other suggestions ie. removal of second cats, keep stock muffler, have no muffler and add glass packs?

At one point was serious about getting glass packs instead of the mufflers ( cost much less). What do you think?

Thanks in advance you guys.

Last edited by Sihotech; 04-18-2014 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Mistake
Old 06-25-2014, 10:39 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2002 C32AMG
cut out the secondary cats and leave the resonator