CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Trunk lid spoiler advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
Trunk lid spoiler advice

Looking for opinions on where to get a quality trunk lid spoiler. I had a great one on my C Class and wish I remembered where I got it. Last fall I bought one for my CLS from a vendor here on this forum. It showed up in one day, overnighted from overseas. The finish and color were spot on. Unlike the one I got for my C, this one was straight as a board. I have had it put on FOUR times, with the strongest 3M adhesives to no avail. The last time, it was put in the paint booth for 45 minutes, with the hope it would flex and cool off with a slight arch in it. I had it removed on Saturday and would like to find a new one to replace it. I've looked around online, and all the quality ones seem to come unfinished. If you have a nice one that came painted and FIT WELL, please re commend your source. Thank you in advance.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:30 AM

2009 CLS550, parktronic, Navi
Originally Posted by Saks_C350_Sport
Looking for opinions on where to get a quality trunk lid spoiler. I had a great one on my C Class and wish I remembered where I got it. Last fall I bought one for my CLS from a vendor here on this forum. It showed up in one day, overnighted from overseas. The finish and color were spot on. Unlike the one I got for my C, this one was straight as a board. I have had it put on FOUR times, with the strongest 3M adhesives to no avail. The last time, it was put in the paint booth for 45 minutes, with the hope it would flex and cool off with a slight arch in it. I had it removed on Saturday and would like to find a new one to replace it. I've looked around online, and all the quality ones seem to come unfinished. If you have a nice one that came painted and FIT WELL, please re commend your source. Thank you in advance.
Got my AMG/factory replica lip spoiler spoiler from CariD. Great customer service, Painted to match and 99% near perfect fit/curve that uses 3M double sided tape along with a bead of silicon to seal it up. Two years later it's still solid and I forget it was taped on. In fact, needed someone to push my car into the garage when I had a dead battery this winter and I had two guys using the lip as leverage. I
Asked them not to but they had no choice and the spoiler stuck as though it was bolted to the car.
2009 link: http://www.carid.com/2009-mercedes-cls-class-spoiler/pure-rear-lip-spoiler-941749.html
Old 04-24-2014, 02:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 CLS550
lol

Originally Posted by Saks_C350_Sport

Both mine and my wifes CLS come off about every month... i thought it was because I put it on in the winter... but after hearing you...hmm I will re-do it one more time.. but will use some silicone along with the 3m tape... it seems to only "pop" a couple of inches on one side...
Old 04-25-2014, 02:51 PM

CLS63
Originally Posted by Cjackermann
it seems to only "pop" a couple of inches on one side...
Same here.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:52 PM

CLS63
Originally Posted by MooF
Got my AMG/factory replica lip spoiler spoiler from CariD. Great customer service, Painted to match and 99% near perfect fit/curve that uses 3M double sided tape along with a bead of silicon to seal it up. Two years later it's still solid and I forget it was taped on. In fact, needed someone to push my car into the garage when I had a dead battery this winter and I had two guys using the lip as leverage. I
Asked them not to but they had no choice and the spoiler stuck as though it was bolted to the car.
2009 link: http://www.carid.com/2009-mercedes-c...er-941749.html
Thank you.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:34 PM

CLS63
Moof, after some issues with UPS my spoiler finally showed up last week. It had a nice curve to it that fit the shape of the trunk lid perfectly. Car was dropped off at shop last night for install and cleaning the Winter dust off. Thanks again. To others........ Be careful buying this item if it comes from a member here.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:51 PM

2009 CLS550, parktronic, Navi
Good to hear..enjoy and post pics when you have a chance.