CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Cylinder misfire

Old 09-11-2016, 10:27 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2014 CLS550
Let us know how everything turns out. We all learn from each other, here.

I know that hydrolock occurs in areas where there is heavy rain and flooding and the engine is under water.
In a friends BMW 5 series, the drain holes in the space between the firewall and engine wall were blocked. We had heavy rain in the spring and that space filled with water. The vacuum line to the brake booster was submerged and pulled water, continuously, for some time. 2 rear connecting rods broke and the pistons cracked.
There's a big difference between that and fuel from a leaky injector.

Rick H
Old 09-11-2016, 10:37 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2014 CLS550
Another thought, do you know how much boost your blower is putting out? If it has been adjusted "up", to where the boost pressure is beyond the stress limit of the pistons and rods, rod damage can occur.
Another friend wrecked his turbo diesel engine by increasing the boost pressure too far.

Rick H
Old 09-11-2016, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 118 Posts
E63 SL55 996TT C5Z06
Thanks Rick and appreciate the learnings here as I've never Experienced a hydrolock until this. I will let you know if we ever confirm the cause. I had no excessive water or rain coming in contact with the car engine like in the flooding example you mentioned. Will provide updates as I get them and see if we all learn something from this odd one.