CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

ESP/ABS Malfunction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 04:14 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C43 AMG
ESP/ABS Malfunction

Well today I had an ESP malfunction pop up on the dash along with the ABS light coming on, I read a couple forums of the same incidents. Power steering out etc etc. Well today after getting gas I decides to run my car through the chevron touch less car wash, it's normal I've done it plenty times before. I spent the weekend in the Bay Area (Daly city) and coming down from I-80 at night is bug city! But anyways with that being said as I enter the car wash I decided to pause my front two wheels where the water jets are located in the ground, they shoot under the side of the car and onto the rims. I did that for about a minute in the front and the same for the rear, thinking I'm cleansing these rims free of bugs and debris! Well business as usual I complete and exit the car wash, pull over and bust out the sham-wow to dry off what's left from what the dryer did get (the entire car) everything fine leaving the gas station until I get to a red light and pull up next to a STI, I'm feeling good so I pressed the button to go to "sport" mode from the previous "comfort" mode setting. Light turns green and I Floor it! Car doesn't wasn't shift gears so I look down and walah! ESP malfunction, steering gets heavy and ABS light comes on along with tire pressure sensor not working. Think I just F%^*#D things up I decided to pull into a parking lot and not listen to my dash saying "Drive to Shop"...went straight to MBworld and see the same issues with other W219 owners, one quick fix was turning my steering wheels left and right. Well immediately it didn't work but after 5 minutes and a couple miles of driving..GONE and hasn't came back since 7/1/14 10:30am to now which is 1:08am 7/2/14. I did read a lot about these malfunctions happening and a lot of the same owners who are having the same issue are also stating it happens right after a car wash, I've went to the same car wash numerous times but this time I decided to sit a little bit longer on the undercarriage wash than usual, and after that all hell breaks loose with the malfunctions?! I'm wondering if these high pressure water jets are effecting the millions of sensors underneath my car. I have an iPhones 5s and when my fingers are wet and I try to use the finger scanner to unlock my phone it says try again. What I'm getting to is maybe the water/moisture got in or around these sensors to cause this error and it finally dried off to keep the malfunction lights from coming back on? I just found it odd that multiple people are experiencing the same issues after a car wash or heavy rain.