CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Android OBD app (will be better than Torque!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 01:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 CLS550 AMG
Android OBD app (will be better than Torque!)

I've been using Torque for a while with a BAFX OBD2 adapter, and it works great for what I've needed it for. Love the live data, and use it on a 10" tablet with one of those sticky mats on my dashhboard to get a kinda HUD going on. Sick. Nothing can replace it for that use IMO.

Now I have been poking around on the Google Play store, and came across this;
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...DrMercedesLite

I ran the app and scanned every module there was (seems more comprehensive than the Torque scan). Kinda was annoyed that it didn't let me read it out myself, but submitted the logs to the dev anyway. About an hour later, got the logs back decoded. Kinda blown away at the detail! It found more sensors and gave me a few more error codes than Torque did. The codes in my case aren't serious, but was good to know. Don't know the exact count of ECUs it hit, but was a lot more than I saw in Torque (Torque Scan plugin was **** btw).

I recommend you give it a try if you have an OBD2 adapter and an Android phone, mostly to help the dev out so we can get an app comparable to Launch iDiag in depth of analysis. Dev is pretty cool, bounced emails back n forth. He's released an app for BMWs already which has a lot of good reviews.

What do you guys think?
The following users liked this post:
derMercedesBenz (06-01-2017)
Old 03-06-2015, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes W203 C200CDI 05'
it is the best mercedes obd app i have ever seen.
for now the devs are working to make coding possible, like we know it from xentry.

in a few days there will be an update which make it possible to read sms, email, whatsapp and some other stuff in the ic.

this app will grow in feature like the devs bmwhat app.

maybe in this year they will be a vw and audi app too.