Red Battery Popping Up On Dash After 5 Minutes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
White S63 AMG W/Designo Interior
Red Battery Popping Up On Dash After 5 Minutes

Guys i have a red Battery showing up on my Dash after 5 mins of driving....car turns on fine hasnt died on me,my local indy scanned the car and Came Back with G2 Generator, says its my Alternator but couldnt it just be the battery?
Old 08-28-2014, 08:31 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SLK250
Why second guess the technician?
Old 08-28-2014, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS500
Originally Posted by S500 Man
Guys i have a red Battery showing up on my Dash after 5 mins of driving....car turns on fine hasnt died on me,my local indy scanned the car and Came Back with G2 Generator, says its my Alternator but couldnt it just be the battery?

Assuming it is the alternator. You can replace the voltage regulator that is inside the alternator for about $60.00.Most places like O' Reilys can get it for you. To replace mine, I disconnected both batteries ,took the alternator from it's mounting, turned it over and replaced the regulator, which is the black plastic thing you see on the back of the alternator. I did not remove the alternator from the car, just disconnected the wires on back, when I took it from it's mount. You can tell if it's alternator by taking a voltmeter and test your battery. What does it read with the engine not running? if the voltage reads higher with the engine running, It's not the alternator and the small battery should be replaced.`
Old 09-07-2014, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
White S63 AMG W/Designo Interior
I just had the same issue...ended up being the Voltage Regulator cost me 200 oem installed to replace.