CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

E Sedan VS CLS? Ride Quality, Comfort?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,403 Likes on 1,941 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
E Sedan VS CLS? Ride Quality, Comfort?

With the demise of the E550 sedan, we are thinking about a CLS550 for my wife. I would imagine there are some of you out there who had an E Class sedan, before you got your CLS and I was wondering what the difference is in the ride quality and the overall comfort level of one car as opposed to the other. I like the V-8 engine and I just LOVE AirMatic. All that said, my wife occasionally ferries her 95 year old mother to the doctor, so I'd like comments on how easy/difficult entrance to the front passenger seat is, one car to the other. Any comments would be most appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
17' C43 Sedan
My father has a 14' E550 and I just got a 14' CLS550 so I can help you out some. The E has an additional inch of headroom which makes a difference when entering and exiting the cabin in the front. In rear is a way bigger difference. You actually have to "plan" how to get it if you don't want to bang your head.

The E has bit more legroom on the rear, but I feel the CLS has more legroom in the front. Ride wise they are about the same, but the CLS feels a tad lower and you feel more planted to the road, perhaps due to the wider rubber.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Merc CLS500 & BMW X3
My wife HATES the CLS because she finds it difficult to see out of. She bent a wheel on a left turn curb because she could not see the curb. I'm 6'2" and even I have to watch myself on left turns. just something to consider.