CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Any done a paddle shift convertion on a 2007 CLS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 11:08 AM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
350 SL, R230 - 300 SL, R129 - 1964 Corvette Sting Ray Sport Coupe - Porsche 911 Twin Turbo (sold)
Any done a paddle shift convertion on a 2007 CLS?

I am thinking of buying a "new to me" CLS or an SL but still have not decided

One thing i would like to have is paddle shifters.
Most of the 2007 cars i have looked at have the 7G-Tronic transmission but not paddle shifters

Any here that have done the paddle shift convertion and if so how difficult is it?

I would also like to have the gear mode button(C, S, M)for manual mode driving as well
Old 11-10-2015, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls 500
I wouldnt recommend converting but some of them do have paddle shift. My w219 550 has proper paddle shifters factory fitted, also the amg body styling so maybe look for amg styling and it might come with the shifters.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:41 AM

350 SL, R230 - 300 SL, R129 - 1964 Corvette Sting Ray Sport Coupe - Porsche 911 Twin Turbo (sold)
I have looked at several CLS with both factory shift buttons and 2007 and newer with factory paddle shifters

But the problem is that here in my country diesel cars are very popular so there are a lot of CLS 320 diesel for sale but if i buy an CLS i prefer a gasoline 350 or 500 with paddle shifters or shift buttons

I suppose that everybody here on the forum are aware that you can buy the left and right hand side paddles only and replace the botton with paddles using the original button shifters. See the picture below for the paddles you receive if you order paddles. You will only get what you see on the picture and all you have to do is to change whe switches with the paddles.
The paddles fit in the housing exact the same as the shift button

There are no problem opening up the shift buttons and replace the button with paddles.
To clearify you only change the paddle and not the switch itself
Attached Thumbnails Any done a paddle shift convertion on a 2007 CLS?-paddles-silver-only-old-shift-buttons-mercedes-up-year-2006.jpg  
Old 12-18-2019, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls 55 amg
Originally Posted by TheSaint
I have looked at several CLS with both factory shift buttons and 2007 and newer with factory paddle shifters

But the problem is that here in my country diesel cars are very popular so there are a lot of CLS 320 diesel for sale but if i buy an CLS i prefer a gasoline 350 or 500 with paddle shifters or shift buttons

I suppose that everybody here on the forum are aware that you can buy the left and right hand side paddles only and replace the botton with paddles using the original button shifters. See the picture below for the paddles you receive if you order paddles. You will only get what you see on the picture and all you have to do is to change whe switches with the paddles.
The paddles fit in the housing exact the same as the shift button

There are no problem opening up the shift buttons and replace the button with paddles.
To clearify you only change the paddle and not the switch itself
hi all where do i order those paddles shifters?
for my cls55 amg 2006 !! Please help
Old 03-02-2020, 11:08 AM

Sorry Rd Haddad i have not seen that you wanted the link to the shift buttons to paddle shifter convertion

Here is some info for you
You take out the shift buttons and careful take take off the plastic button and replace the plastic button with the paddle shifters that is identical inside
Here is the link to the homepage : https://www.g-paddles.com

Instructions on how to do the job is found on their web page

Paddle shifters that is made to fit the original shift button housing

Last edited by TheSaint; 03-02-2020 at 11:37 AM.