CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Navigation Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CLS 500 W219
Navigation Problem

Hello everyone. I tried to do some research on the problem I am having with the navigation on my CLS but most of the threads do not have a specific answer even if they have the same problem as mine. Up until now my navigation was working fine. I had a very old CD in it when I got the car, but I bought a 2015 map CD which was working fine too. About a week ago I decided to use the navigation. i don't use it often so I don't know if the problem appeared now or beforehand. The problem is such - the location of my car is off by about 5 miles when I am driving. Also if I put an address in it does not give me the right directions and quite often it even tells me that I am traveling for example West when I know I am going North. Or i'd get off a freeway and it will continue to tell me that I am going on it, when I am already not. I would be glad if someone could help me out. I was thinking that I might need to reinstall the firmware but I have no idea where to get the latest firmware for the Comand and whether or not it is already installed, so any suggestions would help.

Thank you!
Old 03-01-2016, 10:05 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
2014 CLS550
Other than taking it to a dealer (they'll have the latest firmware CDs) I'm not sure what else you can do.
Old 03-03-2016, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CLS 500 W219
Yeah, that is probably what I'd end up doing. Does anyone have any other ideas or similar problems, though?
Old 03-03-2016, 04:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,415 Likes on 3,145 Posts
'71 Pinto
First step revert to old disc if malfunction continues has to do with GPS (splitter, antenna, etc.) If not, try reinstalling 2015 disc.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:28 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
2014 CLS550
I've never tried to revert to an older version before. Is that possible?

It's a good suggestion.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS 320 cdi
Two weeks ago mine 'got lost' the screen showing me many miles from my actual location, yesterday it was showing a completely different part of the country!
The dealer has diagnosed the GPS Antenna which needs replacing. They are doing it on Wednesday morning apparently takes around 1 1/2 hours, cost around £450, thank goodness I have extended warranty .
Good luck with yours.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS 320 cdi
Had mine fixed yesterday, the screen previously showing me driving across the North Sea .
Appeared to be a relatively easy job as the antenna is on the rear window glass and the cables run around the rear screen and down the side of the boot .

It did have to be 'coded' so maybe it's not a DIY job.
Everything now works properly again.