2009 CLS 550 OIL LEAK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 01:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Mercedes-Benz CLS550
2009 CLS 550 OIL LEAK

Hey guys,
I just wanted to give you guys a little recap of what happened and maybe an idea of what i could be dealing with...

So last night i was on my way home from work, i was in bit of a rush to get somewhere i needed to be.... Getting on the Turnpike, After the toll booth, i cruise to about 75mph.... i downshifted using my paddles from D to 6, following 5 which caught about 3500 rpm, then once more to 4 spooling at about 4500-5000rpm. Now just to let you guys know who may not know, at 5000 rpm the car does not seem like its even close to red lining, its as smooth as butter and ready to kick and addition to that the engine makes no sound, all i hear is the wind from the aero. Soon after from 4800-5000 rpm i proceed to a WOT until about 115-120 mph after cranking 5th gear fully.... to 6 with release of throttle , then manually back to drive. Ok, so now i look in my rear view and it seemed as if foggy smoke was coming out the *** of my car... I could slightly tell by the headlights on a jeep that was 3-4 cars behind me.... Come off the exit to a complete stop, car idles fine, no indication of any problem.. no smell of burnt oil, or any stench of such... Put car in driveway to notice it was quite hotter then usual.. although oil gauge stayed at 80*C so i figure it was just cause i was on it...
i woke up the next morning to notice that there's a bit of what seemed like slugged oil on my garage floor. Now i begin to worry... (PIC BELOW)
Took it to a local auto haus that deals solely on Mercedes-Benz's,
We put it on a flat bed and raised the car to see where the leakage could've suspect.
He claims that it is tranny fluid...
On my down pipes alongside my resonators , it looked like splattered oil..(wish i had a picture to show you)...
Mech said bring it to a MB dealer... He couldn't diagnose it with his naked eye...

Drove car approx 4-5 miles around town so i could get a feel of the car... no sign of damage to drive quality...
I got home from the auto haus, about 15 min later i check to see if oil leaked.. there was another puddle about the size of a stretch hand...
I eat a nervously isolated lunch, then hop back in my car to drive another 4-5 miles... parked car by my driveway with a cardboard underneath, 12 hours later...No sign of oil leakage there....
Checked oil levels, about the same when i checked about a week ago..
WTF!
Thank You all so kindly for taking the time to read this long *** post lol... If anyone could reply on this post or to me that would be truly helpful.
Attached Thumbnails 2009 CLS 550 OIL LEAK-img_6676.jpg  

Last edited by adi.cls; 03-12-2016 at 02:01 AM.
Old 03-16-2016, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Mercedes-Benz CLS550
Thank you everyone who replied and helped me out with my dilemma..
*UPDATE*:
I took it to mb dealer(paramus), initially where the car was bought...
They basically took the oil cover(not pan) off and inspected the parameter. They did see that it was drenched in oil, they cleaned up the surface and took it for a 15-20 mile drive... came back to the shop and inspected it once more, to tell me that there is NO leak....
Im still under limited warranty from the dealer i purchased the vehicle from so thats A+. I am planning on getting extended warranty within the next 2300 miles upon expiration.
Anybody know a good private warranty company that could cover powertrain/trans...? hypothetically 4 year/50000 just like the original spectra.
Thanks once again