CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Anyone know a good blacked out grill for cls500 06'?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 10:41 PM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
2010 e550 coupe
Anyone know a good blacked out grill for cls500 06'?

Hi I have an 06' cls500 wanting to black some stuff out (my car is already black). Are there any good black grills available? All I see on ebay is the newer sporty one but the center gill? is still chromed out and so is the benz sign. I had it plastidipped but I think the matt doesn't go well would it be better to put some glossifier on it?........ Also on a sidenote why does literally every place online list this vehicle as the w219 except for this forum which has it as the c219?

Last edited by Dnasty; 03-15-2016 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:39 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2011 CLS63 AMG
Road rash on bumper?

Dynasty,

Is it just a bad camera angle, or is your right bumper, under the headlight all pitted? I know a lot of miles on a car can cause that, as can non factory paint work, over time.

If that really is pitting, my first thought would be to make the bumper look better before worrying about the grill, because no matter what you do to the grill, the bumper will be what draws the eye.

I was looking recently for a blacked out grill for my 2011 W219, and had a lot of trouble...mostly because all the grills were made to fit 2006-2008 or '09. But I did run across a lot of grills, in varying finishes, that would fit your '06. Just google-searched "Mercedes CLS grill", and scanned the images that popped up. Yeah, there are a lot of C218s that came through, but there were WAY more C219s, like yours.

Good luck
Old 03-23-2016, 09:08 AM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
2010 e550 coupe
Originally Posted by RobSmith
Dynasty,

Is it just a bad camera angle, or is your right bumper, under the headlight all pitted? I know a lot of miles on a car can cause that, as can non factory paint work, over time.

If that really is pitting, my first thought would be to make the bumper look better before worrying about the grill, because no matter what you do to the grill, the bumper will be what draws the eye.

I was looking recently for a blacked out grill for my 2011 W219, and had a lot of trouble...mostly because all the grills were made to fit 2006-2008 or '09. But I did run across a lot of grills, in varying finishes, that would fit your '06. Just google-searched "Mercedes CLS grill", and scanned the images that popped up. Yeah, there are a lot of C218s that came through, but there were WAY more C219s, like yours.

Good luck
You are correct about the bumper I believe it is from freeway driving over time they look like rock chips and there is another area about the same size on the opposite side of the bumper I was wondering if this is something that can be touched up. Otherwise a grill is way less expensive then having a body shop remove strip repainted and refinish the bumper. The camera makes this much more noticeable it doesn't stand out as much in person.