2016/2017 CLS550 4Matic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 11:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
435i
2016/2017 CLS550 4Matic

Hey guys,

I am a newbie here. Coming from BMW 435i.

I am currently searching to get into a lease on this Benz.

It doesn't seem to be lots of data on this car out there.

So perhaps anyone with knowledge can impart it on me, and perhaps some owners can also enlighten me with their first hand experience.
Thanks!

I would like to know how this vehicle is in terms of performance and luxury.
Is this a fast vehicle, is it fun to drive and is it spirited? MB claims its only 4.8-4.9 0-60. I would assume it is faster than that since its 4 matic. It would be excellent if it is quicker than my 435i. I am looking for something powerful, and luxurious, with 4 doors.
How is the interior quality and refinement?
Is the 4matic suspension air suspension? How is this suspension in corners and over potholes?
Can the suspension be raised and lowered (is there a button?), as in the Audi S7?
Does it have a front view camera? Can the 360 degree (top view) camera be toggled for different views?
Is the rear room that cramped, as some folks claim?
Does it seem that the AC is a little outdated, without the LCD screen to show the actual temperature number instead of the turn circle?

Is this CLS 550 considered a true luxury Benz, or is it more of a entry level 4 door coupe (sort of the C class when compared to E class)?

Sorry guys for so many questions, but I simply fell in love with this vehicle when I accidently saw it on the street. And am beginning my research. Did not mean to offend anyone with so many questions.

Thanks guys!!!
Old 11-01-2016, 03:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS 350 CGI 2008
Hello,

I dont have personal experience with new CLS 550, but I drove both coupe and Shooting Brake 350d which are more popular in Europe. Only car where I tried the new V8 was GLS500 with 455hp and it was surprisingly fast for a car this size...

It is very hard to compare BMW 435i and CLS550 as they are completely different cars. In MB, the comfort, quitness and luxury is always on the first place. Few months ago I had an opportunity to try new BMW 340i xDrive for a weekend. It was great car, fun to drive and great in the corners but I wouldnt buy it as a car for daily driving. In normal traffic I enjoy much more my CLS350 (with Airmatic, massage, ventilation, dynamic driving seat etc.) than sporty BMW with hard suspension.
The power delivery and shifting in Mercedes is much more smooth than in BMW so it could sometimes feel slower.

Air suspension is standart for CLS500 4Matic in Europe I thing that it is the same in USA. It can be raised and it has sport and comfort mode. Driving with Airmatic is great but when you hit the sudden pothole on the smooth road it feels like normal suspension sometimes.

The top view camera (optional) is one of the best on the market. You can see a demonstration in this video -

Rear overhead space was OK for me with my 6,1 feet. But not much space for somebody taller.

AC is ok for me. Nothing bad to say about the circles

CLS was always considered as more elegant and luxurious car compared co E class.

The new generation should be launched in early 2018.
The following users liked this post:
BDWonder (11-01-2016)