Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

How to: Conditioning leather seats with Leatherique

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-18-2003, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Doors should be fine but I don't know about the dash. Can anyone answer this?

You won't really need anything to apply Leatherique other than your hand to apply the Rejuvinator Oil and some soft terry cloths for cleaning with the Prestine Clean.

Don't forget to let the Rejuvinator Oil sit out in the sun for the entire day and then clean off with the Prestine Clean.

It took just about a week for me to receive my order once I placed it.
Old 06-19-2003, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Originally posted by jimmydagreek
Doors should be fine but I don't know about the dash. Can anyone answer this?

You won't really need anything to apply Leatherique other than your hand to apply the Rejuvinator Oil and some soft terry cloths for cleaning with the Prestine Clean.

Don't forget to let the Rejuvinator Oil sit out in the sun for the entire day and then clean off with the Prestine Clean.

It took just about a week for me to receive my order once I placed it.
S430 Dash is NOT leather.
Old 06-20-2003, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you positive?
It definately looks and feels like the leather wrapped around the doors and such..
Let me know ASAP cuz im about to leatherique soon.
Search for 2000 S430 in eBay and you'll find a picture.
Old 06-20-2003, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz
The door panel has a small portion of gatherd leather however the rest is soft plastic, NOT LEATHER.
Old 06-25-2003, 09:12 PM

just used it, the leather looks brand new, and it feel softer, it has no shiny look to it, it has a healthy dry new and yet "nappa"-ish feel to it, 5 out of 5!
Old 06-25-2003, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz
Originally posted by apricotscrub
just used it, the leather looks brand new, and it feel softer, it has no shiny look to it, it has a healthy dry new and yet "nappa"-ish feel to it, 5 out of 5!
i knew u'd like it. I love the very matte finish it leaves. So how dirty did your towels get? Did my instructions help you out?
Old 06-25-2003, 11:54 PM

i used like 4 terry cloths, and used 1/2 pound of "processed and washed" rags, your process was just about the same as the process outlined in the manual, its great, i hope it stays this way.
Old 06-26-2003, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
Thumbs up LOVE THE STUFF!

If you like it now, just wait until you use it a couple more times and see how much better your leather feels then. The stuff is pretty amazing!!!
Old 06-26-2003, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz
apricotscrub... did u end up using it on ur dash? I think its a waste to use it on soft plastic. Post some pics of your leather.
Old 06-26-2003, 03:08 PM

nah didn't use it on the crappy cheap s-class plastic dash.
I'll post some this weekend.
Old 07-01-2003, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

marta
Originally posted by apricotscrub

nice, I think I might try this on my dads car. Please post pics!
Old 07-01-2003, 06:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

w211 & w124
Cool, I did notice that the leather is kind of stiff as opposed to other cars.
Old 08-16-2003, 10:53 PM

I love gettin rid of the Shiney type leather IMO Meguiars Detailer Line Leather Cleaner and Conditioner works great on doing that but those Leatherique results are awsome.

What Actually makes the Leather all shiney like that. ?
Old 08-25-2003, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

marta
Originally posted by Fr0zen
I love gettin rid of the Shiney type leather IMO Meguiars Detailer Line Leather Cleaner and Conditioner works great on doing that but those Leatherique results are awsome.

Oil. I would think, that is.
Old 01-20-2004, 05:40 AM

Using leatherique on 2003 e with ventilated seats.

Hi,

Can leatherique be used on a 2003 E500 with ventilated seats (ash leather)? I have been using lexol up to now and am wondering if there is something better. W´hat leatherique products do I need? Thanks for your help.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
I know this thread is for Leatherique..... but has anyone out there used Lexol Leather Cleaner and Conditioner? Is Leatherique much better?

I now use Lexol for all of my cars.... and am quite satisfied with the results....

I usually heat up my seat (if it's not heated seat - like back seat - I use a hair dryer :p ), then apply the Lexol Cleaner and massage the seat a little bit.... for there is a dirt spot on the leather, I use toothbrush or shoebrush (not the hard one, though) until it's clean.... and then I apply the Lexol Conditioner right away (just apply and rub it with a damp cloth / paper towel)...

I don't consider myself as an expert..... so would like to know the Leatherique will give me much better results for the same effort. And would like to know whether I should wait (i.e. 24 hours) after applying the cleaner...

Thanks for any advice.
Old 03-08-2004, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz
Originally posted by zoink
I know this thread is for Leatherique..... but has anyone out there used Lexol Leather Cleaner and Conditioner? Is Leatherique much better?

I now use Lexol for all of my cars.... and am quite satisfied with the results....

I usually heat up my seat (if it's not heated seat - like back seat - I use a hair dryer :p ), then apply the Lexol Cleaner and massage the seat a little bit.... for there is a dirt spot on the leather, I use toothbrush or shoebrush (not the hard one, though) until it's clean.... and then I apply the Lexol Conditioner right away (just apply and rub it with a damp cloth / paper towel)...

I don't consider myself as an expert..... so would like to know the Leatherique will give me much better results for the same effort. And would like to know whether I should wait (i.e. 24 hours) after applying the cleaner...

Thanks for any advice.
Leatherique is light years better than lexol. Lexol is one of the worst treatments imo.
Old 05-17-2004, 02:50 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 S500
I am a new user to Leatherique. Last week I applied the RO and PC to the leather and MB-Tex (dash and door panels) on my 2002 S500. It worked well but on the MB-Tex on the driver's door panel I have found a glue-like sticky substance appearing. It seems that the top surface was actually peeling and the glue substance remaining. There is a slight white haze on a portion of the panel. The rest of the MB-Tex is unaffected. What is this and how do I fix it? I plan to apply some conditioner from Zymol. I'm not sure whether to use the leather conditioner or the Vinyl conditioner since MB-Tex is synthetic leather.

Thanks for any help.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:07 AM

What ever is RUNNING
What to do

Sticky residue is the old treatment coming to the surface. To Fix the problem, IVORY BAR SOAP and WARM WATER. I formulated Prestine Clean for MB TEX. The Rejuvinato Oil is to heavy for the TEX.
Try the BAR SOAP it works. Next time put the Prestine Clean ina Spray bottle and MIST it on the TEX area then wipe.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:09 AM

What ever is RUNNING
Re: Using leatherique on 2003 e with ventilated seats.

Originally posted by Frank Wiesmann
Hi,

Can leatherique be used on a 2003 E500 with ventilated seats (ash leather)? I have been using lexol up to now and am wondering if there is something better. W´hat leatherique products do I need? Thanks for your help.
Rejuvinator Oil and Prestine Clean. Call the office and ask for the MB FORUM SPECIAL, will save you some money.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:12 AM

What ever is RUNNING
Originally posted by Fr0zen

Silicone is culprit number one. There is NO OIL in Rejuvinator Oil just Proteins and Coligens to help restore the leather.
Shiney seats are a good thing to some folks. IMHO if you want a SHINY LEATHER SEAT WAX IT! But that is another story.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Hi George and welcome to MBworld ! We spoke a couple years ago when I placed my order for Leatherique. It is all I have used ever since and I am about ready to place another order !

Thanks for giving our members a discount when they order !
Old 05-19-2004, 05:03 AM
Almost a Member!

2002 S500
Thank you George. I will try the Ivory bar soap. Its amazing that the RO would cause the old treatment to come to the surface. I was afraid to continue to work in the area for fear that I might be damaging the MB-Tex. Is the Ivory soap to remove the sticky substance or to remove the white haze? What will the Ivory soap do that PC will not do? Is MB-Tex a solid synthetic leather or is it layered? It seems that with the PC, I am removing a layer of the Tex.

I used the tip offered on your website and used a spray bottle. But I found it hard to control the spray. I got RO and PC all over the place including the wood trim which does not absorb the liquid. I also got it on my windows and had a hard time removing the smear. I might have over done it. I used 16 ounces of the RO and 16 ounces of the PC on one application on my S500. Is this overdoing it?

How does Leatherique compare to Zymol?
Old 05-19-2004, 09:31 AM

What ever is RUNNING
Originally posted by hongalan
Thank you George. I will try the Ivory bar soap. Its amazing that the RO would cause the old treatment to come to the surface. I was afraid to continue to work in the area for fear that I might be damaging the MB-Tex. Is the Ivory soap to remove the sticky substance or to remove the white haze? What will the Ivory soap do that PC will not do? Is MB-Tex a solid synthetic leather or is it layered? It seems that with the PC, I am removing a layer of the Tex.

I used the tip offered on your website and used a spray bottle. But I found it hard to control the spray. I got RO and PC all over the place including the wood trim which does not absorb the liquid. I also got it on my windows and had a hard time removing the smear. I might have over done it. I used 16 ounces of the RO and 16 ounces of the PC on one application on my S500. Is this overdoing it?

How does Leatherique compare to Zymol?
MB-TEX is a solid and the Ivory Bar soap is to remove the stickies.
PC is a lot stronger and would do the same, BUT the old treatment is in the way. You are not removing the anything that will degrade the MB-TEX. To get the OVERSPRAY off glass just use IPA and wipe it off. Nice part is that there is notthing that can be runied with the overspray. the rubber seals will get a little help with being flexable and the wood and metal will not be harmed.

As far as Zymol just surfice to say that we are the product of choice in more of the Exotic car markets. They (Zymol) have a wonderful exterior product but did you know that some of there dealers are Carryning our Line for the leather.
Old 05-19-2004, 11:09 AM
Almost a Member!

2002 S500
Great! It's a relief that I'm not degrading the Tex. What is IPA?

Thanks,

Alan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: How to: Conditioning leather seats with Leatherique