Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Help! Water in my car...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C240
Help! Water in my car...

like an idiot i left the sunroof open in my car during the night and i have about 2 hours worth of rain in my car - its not too bad - the angle the car was parked at caused the rain to miss the dashboad and Nav System and all the electronics work but there is a lot of water pooled onto the leather seats. I toweled everything dry but the seats are still wet - what can i do to prevent the leather from cracking or drying out. Any reccomendations on airing the car out (again, its mostly the seats) to prevent any mold from forming - thanks guys!
Old 12-09-2002, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Re: Help! Water in my car...

Originally posted by Mercedes101
like an idiot i left the sunroof open in my car during the night and i have about 2 hours worth of rain in my car - its not too bad - the angle the car was parked at caused the rain to miss the dashboad and Nav System and all the electronics work but there is a lot of water pooled onto the leather seats. I toweled everything dry but the seats are still wet - what can i do to prevent the leather from cracking or drying out. Any reccomendations on airing the car out (again, its mostly the seats) to prevent any mold from forming - thanks guys!

holy ****, i have no clue, i would most likely take it into the dealer, i dont know what else to say, maybe talk to alboston or justins64, they know a lot about detailing, they can maybe help
Old 12-10-2002, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C240 Classic - Orion Blue Beast!!
Let the leather dry fully. Check to see if it feels any different from b4 the storm. If it feels dry and or different then use leatherique. It will bring your leather back to life.