Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:34 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Car Detailing and Cleaning Guides
Print Wikipost

How often do you wash / wax?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 11:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK430
How often do you wash / wax?

How often do you guys wash and wax your cars. I get both cars done every saturday (weather permitting) and get a wax about once every two months. Dont' have time to wash myself, but have a good car wash doing the job in Jersey.

Question: The black CL that we got is used and the previous owner do a great job of keeping the black paint in good condition (yeah right). The owner at my car wash says that the paint is "dead" and we already had it detailed once in Octobver (compound, swirl remover, and wax). However the paint is still not to my satisfaction. What do you guys recommend, I think Zaino will do the trick when the weather warms up, but I don't have the time. Should I give my guy at the car wash the product and instructions and tell him to do it. I just want to restore the black gloss that I fell is gone and remove those DAMN SWIRL MARKS.

I mean I love the car in black and would only take it in black but I need it to gleam.

Please all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-09-2003, 06:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Kompressor Sport
Black paint is beautiful yet shows everything!! What kind of towels are they using? Could be the problem. Also I've always had good experience in the final buffing to use microfiber towels in a back and forth direction (not a circular motion) and it seems to reduce the swirling. The swirls are the micro reflection of light off the surface...if you swirling motion to buff off the car the light will reflect your towel stroke! Sometimes just soft carnuba wax is all you need too. As a cleaner-wax has more "grit" to it to actually clean the finish. If you're waxing every 2 mo's you can use less of a polish and more of a wax. Hope that helps...I can understand your aggrivation! -DL
Old 02-09-2003, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
first off read the sticky's to get a grasp on how to correctly wash your car (without getting swirls) and care for it. I usually try to wash every 2 weeks (getting busy lately) and if im using carnuaba wax I rewax every 4 weeks, If zaino or klasse i apply 4-5 initial coats and they will last 3-5 months. Welcome to the forum .
Old 02-10-2003, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E550 Sedan
When it gets warmer i like to wash and wax it every 2 or 3 weeks.... The Black car is a lot of work but well worth it... The silver car is whatever... it looks the same after i wash it.... only a little cleaner....
Old 02-11-2003, 02:16 PM
Banned

Mercedes C200K Coupe
My car get washed every morning.

about wax... should I do it? Its been a year since I bought my car, and never used that. the car is silver by the way.
Old 02-11-2003, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Do the wax yourself. I don't trust those car wash places.

Look at your car under bright sunlight. Are there swirls all over the place? If so you might need to polish out the swirls first.
Old 02-20-2003, 12:03 AM

CLK430
Couldn't really do much here in New York lately. My cars are stuck in the garage, there is like 3 feet of snow on the ground, its horrible. As soon as the weather gets better im gonna do a 3 step detail