Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Few questions for you detailing gurus and my tan interior as well as winter waxing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 09:29 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
06cls
Few questions for you detailing gurus and my tan interior as well as winter waxing

Ive done some reading, but the most helpful stuff ive found is a little dated, and kind of wanted to see if there is any new products or methods to my questions.

ill start with the easy one first,

my cls has the chrome trim around the windows, the front drivers one is starting to show oxidation while the rest are still shiny. what do you guys recommend in do or use to get the chrome back to life with out damaging anything. looking for the simplest solution .

the big long question,

I own a machine shop and we do cnc work so means i always have coolant residue on my hands no matter how many times i wash them.

my cars interior is tan leather with alcantara shifter and seat inserts, etc.

Car has around 60k now and my drivers seat is showing discoloration in the higher wear areas, and the leather feels dry, was looking into leatherique , but they call for warm car interior and letting product sit for 24 hours, etc and its almost winter and i dont have a heat garage . Any other recommendations?

Also my steering wheel ( tan) needs some tlc the threads around the wheel are dirty and need a good cleaning. suggestions?

So now to the shift knob, the tan shift knob has turned black where the alcantara insert is from the coolant that gets stuck in my pores, no idea how to clean her up with out damaging it.

with this said, what do you guys recommend for cleaning/ rejuvenating the tan alcantara and leather.

will add pics shortly of areas that need attention.

Lastly, i dont plan on driving my car in the winter to much, but when the sun comes out, and the roads have dried i tend to take the car out. Whats a long lasting easy to wipe of wax i could use ( if it exists)?

sorry for the book, just wanted to be thorough. thanks in advance for the help.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:41 PM

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
'08 CL65
Scroll down to Leather Cleaning and Care

http://www.autopia.org/forum/topic/1...ex-hyperlinks/
Old 10-29-2014, 06:44 PM

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
'08 CL65
"Lastly, i dont plan on driving my car in the winter to much, but when the sun comes out, and the roads have dried i tend to take the car out. Whats a long lasting easy to wipe of wax i could use ( if it exists)?"

Collinite 845 or 476
Old 11-11-2014, 02:13 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
06cls
Thanks Xabo!