Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Leatherique made my MBtex sticky??!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 e55
Leatherique made my MBtex sticky??!

So, I have a W210 and I leatheriqued pretty much everything the other week. I had heard it wouldn't hurt MBtex or vinyl and stuff...

But, the tops of my door panels (the horizontal surface next to the window) is sticky...to varying degrees on each door. I think this is MBtex..please correct me if I'm wrong. The drivers side is pretty bad. I took a section to see if a little spit shine would work and the door panel material broke up under my finger

What should I do?
Old 04-11-2015, 09:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'87 560SL Sold, '99 SL500 For Keeps
Leatherique Customer Service

Originally Posted by bluechipbenz
So, I have a W210 and I leatheriqued pretty much everything the other week. I had heard it wouldn't hurt MBtex or vinyl and stuff...

But, the tops of my door panels (the horizontal surface next to the window) is sticky...to varying degrees on each door. I think this is MBtex..please correct me if I'm wrong. The drivers side is pretty bad. I took a section to see if a little spit shine would work and the door panel material broke up under my finger

What should I do?
Leatherique has a tremendous reputation for a quality product and customer service. What did they advise you to do when you contacted them? It's not labeled Vinylique...
Old 04-24-2015, 06:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Leatherequi is not a suitable product for synthetic finishes

See TOGWT post - HOW TO CARE FOR/CLEAN ARTICO MAN MADE LEATHER ?
Old 04-26-2015, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 c350 coupe 4matic, 1994 Toyota Supra twin turbo
I've used Leatherique for quite some time now and I have nothing but positive things to say about it. I've used it not only on leather but some vinyl as well, even though I shouldn't. Yes, it leaves a sticky feeling but the key is (as per instructions) is to put the car under the sun with windows up so it will create a 'sauna' inside the car. The heat will help the product settle into the material. This has been working for me. If some parts are still sticky, I clean it off with the Leatherique cleaner, not the rejuvenator. Hope that helps?