Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz SUVs, Trucks, Vans, Diesels, Other > Diesel Forum
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Diesel Forum Forum for Diesel engine vehicle related discussion

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 11:46 AM   #1

Drives: E300 D
Belt Replacment 97 E300D

I replaced my S-belt when I was at all my fuel lines about 6 months ago.
Today I took it off and ran the engine because I have a Rough idle that is bad enough that it shakes my review mirror. It ran much quieter but not totally vibration free.
I put the belt back on and now the noise seems even louder. When it was off I checked all pulleys and they ran free without any binding. I put a screw driver between the Spring tensioner and the shock. The nailing noise was gone. I called MB and I asked about the shock and how my times the part changed. He said it's been up reved 3 x's.
A guy on this link http://mercedesforum.com/forum/archi...p/t-16044.html says to align the belt. How do you do this? I just looped mine around the path according to the drawing.
He also talks about a change in the Alternator pulley, that requires a different shock.
Have any of you changed out your alternator pulley? Do any of the other pulleys wear out?

I am buying a K-40 relay and S-Belt Shock. Do the parts shops sell the same items as the Stealer? These two parts are about 70 dollars than Autohaus.

Bill
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

Mr.Billyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:31 PM   #2

Drives: E300 D
Belt Shock

Well I just installed my new OEM belt Shock. The loud nailing is gone so I am happy with that.
Kind of bummed it did not cure all my vibration issues.
On a scale of 1 - 10 and 10 being the worst

Driving down the road: 3
In Park 700 RPM: 7
In drive with foot on Brake: 5
In N. : 7
In Reverse: 9
In Park 1500 RPM : 4

The car has 108K miles and is a E300D.
Can everybody tell me at what mileage do the motor mounts go out?

Bill
Mr.Billyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:31 PM

Tags
97, alternator, belt, change, e300, e300d, idle, issue, k40, parts, relay, replace, rough, shock, tensioner, vibtation